Hybrid View

Default Websites as a marketing tool??

Fellow Beeks,

How many of you use a personal website that is dedicated to your honey/bee business?? I have started a new website that is currently a work in progress naturesownapiary.weebly.com
    For you that have done this do you see much reaction to it or has it helped your sales positively? If interested please check out my site and offer me some feedback but please keep in mind that I just got it up and going so its maybe a little weak at the moment, so I welcome positive criticism or ideas to make it better. Please feel free to follow my blog and other feedback on that.

Thank you,
    Split’Limb

Default Re: Websites as a marketing tool??

Yes we use a website as a tool and as a store. Works great for us as the more people we meet at festivals and such we give them our card and they then reorder from our site. www.johnwaynehoney.com
    You have to stop and smell the roses......but please watch out for my bees.
    www.johnwaynehoney.com

I have a web site, following the advice of "everyone" who insisted it was the WAY to go...back in the day. Today "everyone" is hyping social media. I haven't updated my web site much at all. People do find me because of my web site, which is helpful for swarm calls, but I didn't want to go the e-commerce route. Shipping is way too expensive and a bugger to pack and pad. And I sell everything I produce locally. I don't need an on-line store. My site works best for me when I sell at the farmer's markets as an educational tool that I refer people to (it's on my label).

Grant
    Jackson, MO
    Beekeeping With Twenty-five Hives: https://www.createspace.com/4152725

As someone that has been entrenched in marketing and websites for quite a number of years I will simply say that if you aren't keeping an up to date and changing website that you are losing business. It's a great way to stay connected to your customers as well as to educate folks on your products and processes. Having a dead site or one that is not kept up is almost worse than not having one at all, as it typically relates to the consumer that you either don't care enough to modify it or that you are not really a serious business.

Your web site can be a very good way to get your product in front of the public.You will make mistakes but none that haven't been made before.We have a website www.poorvalleybeefarm.com and are in the process of opening an online store for beekeeping equipment,keep an eye out for it.I hope people will give us a try, i think they will be very happy with the service and prices.
    www.poorvalleybeefarm.com

A website is a great local marketing tool, but people will never find it if you don't develop it a bit. You want it to pop up high on the list when someone googles for something like: "local honey Mytown Mystate" Here's a hint - YourtownYourstateHoney.com is a great domain name and it is probably available for around $10 per year.
    Since '09-25H-T-Z6b

Quote Originally Posted by jrhoto View Post
    Your web site can be a very good way to get your product in front of the public.You will make mistakes but none that haven't been made before.We have a website www.poorvalleybeefarm.com and are in the process of opening an online store for beekeeping equipment,keep an eye out for it.I hope people will give us a try, i think they will be very happy with the service and prices.
    www.poorvalleybeefarm.com
    Nice design. Very tastefully done.

As long as you make sure your business is registered on Google, you should attract a fair number of hits from your locals. It makes a significant difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Flewster View Post
    Yes we use a website as a tool and as a store. Works great for us as the more people we meet at festivals and such we give them our card and they then reorder from our site. www.johnwaynehoney.com
    Flewster it`s good you have online store, but as for me(web developer) I think you have some troubles with layout and usability. I`m sure you should to change a lot to get better sell-result. If you want, I can help you with it

I have my own website, mostly for the advertising abilities it offers. See my signature line.

Thumbs Up Re: Websites as a marketing tool??

My wife's has had a store to do sales, and now she has her website up and going.
    http://www.adropofhoney.net check it out.

I think a website is a great tool for visibility, but also for credibility. People will judge you according to how you represent your business in the public domain, be it by a website or with ads and product labels. Even if you are the best and most well-known in your domain, if your website is ugly and out of date, amateurs who don't know any better will judge you for it and look elsewhere. It also allows you to give an idea of your philosophy, methods, and know-how to your perspective clients.

That being said, plenty of people go fine without a website or with an old outdated website. Depends on what your business model is and who you are trying to reach.
    www.apisrustica.com (French-only website) Bee Breeding: Canadian nuclei & queens / northern hygienic bees