Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Back button highjacked

My back button is being highjacked on this site. I checked with my provider and tech support and it was found to be limited this site. When I go to the posts and read I can use the back button to get out of what I read but it will not go back to the main posting page and if I drop down the back button it reads (http://s-static.ak.facebook.com). It is some kind of ad highjacking that will not let you back out of the ad you must choose another site or drop the back button and pick the posting page.

Default Re: Back button highjacked

Have you tried Firefox?

Thanks for your response. I don't know what Firefox is but I only have the issue with the beesouce forum. I am on a cellular forum and 4 metal detecting forums and none are having this issue, I am having no other issues with my computer so the rescue-it tech is saying the beesource site.
    If anyone else has an issue or solution let me know.
    Thanks

Did you ever figure out how to get rid of the facebook issue? It is highly annoying.

Thanks for your response i am not an island after all, I thought I was the only one having the problem. No one that manages the site has responded but it is still only this site that I have the issue with. Maybe if more figure out what is going on and say something they will take notice.

You'll need to give more details. What's a 'back button'? Are you on a smart phone? What browser are you using? Etc., etc. Give me some screen captures.
    Regards, Barry

Barry,
    Internet Explorer
    Back button is the button in th upper left hand corner
    It is a regular computer
    What happens is when you are on the forum and you click on a topic if you go into a thread and read it you can back out of the thread but you can not back out to the topic, if you drop down your back button window you see (http://s-static.ak.facebook.com). I just noticed today a similar google link that does the same thing. I had my computer tech look at my computer and he said it was the site I have no issues on any other site or forum that I use.
    Hope this helps

A screen shot would help. Here's mine. You're talking about the URL bar back button, right? If so, it's a browser/software issue. Funny how everyone navigates with their browser differently. I rarely use the back button within the forum. Just below the forum menu bar is an index of your previous pages. Like a back button, but you don't have to hold it down for the display. That's what I use. I quit using IE a loooong time ago due to it's constant quirks and glitches. I would highly recommend Firefox or some other browser besides IE. The Facebook plugin is obviously not sitting well with some IE users. I have an update to do on the forum that MAY address this, but don't hold your breath. I'll post here after it's done to see if it changes for you.

Regards, Barry

I would suggest right-clicking on the link for the thread you want to read, and then click on open link in a new tab. That way the main forum index is still there and you don't have to go back, only close the tab of the thread you're reading.
    Greg Whitehead, Ten Mile, TN
    Blog - http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/

My back button on my browser has been funky lately too while using Beesource??? (have to click on it 3 times or more)
    Maybe it is those anti-bee folks attacking us with a malicious virus or something!!!!
    Hugus Creek Honey Farm: St. Maries, ID / Lewiston, ID
    Like us on Facebook

I too am having back button (left arrow-upper left corner of IE screen) problems. Guessing it started about 2 weeks ago? Happening on both home computer and company-issued work computer. Work computer is using Internet Explorer version 8. Not sure what IE version is at home (7?). And only happens on Beesource. Edit: Home PC is using IE 9.
    Last edited by katmike; 04-27-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Yep 2-3 weeks ago and it's not IE since it is only Beesource that has the issue if I knew how to copy the window I would post a link but don't know how to do it.
    Since more are coming out maybe they can get it fixed. So far the links never take me anywhere just annoying.
    Opening a new tab does not address the issue, just works around the issue.

I'd like to know if any non IE users are experiencing this problem.
    Regards, Barry

Safari working fine.
    Politics is the entertainment branch of industry. -Frank Zappa

This sounds familiar, like a problem we had when we used to use IE here at work. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with Google Ad Sense. I remember having to sign into iGoogle and then turning off the web history part of search. So, if you have a Google account, try that. I think the root cause was that Google and your browser were trying to work together to remember where you've been, except that it was also trying to remember stuff that made up your page. Facebook is part of the page load and potentially created the problem in tandem with google. I found a link that might be similar to what I remember having a problem with. Here it is:

http://blogrescue.com/2012/02/back-button-mystery/

Just a thought........
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

I am having the same problem at my house and at my mothers.

Johnny
    "Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

Using IE I assume?

Thanks Jeff, that looks like a helpful link.
    Regards, Barry

I use Firefox and I did and have found some times the site locks up. I just want to the signet ring post to see what is new and had it lock up.
    What I did was log on after I went to the post tho.

http://www.beesource.com/forums/atta...2&d=1334639144

signed in after I wanted to see the picture after I signed in the picture was there but I was then frozzen at just the picture

may be this will help

I am using the Chrome browser (18.0) and have no issue.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Wouldn't hurt to clear the cache either if you make any change in google. Websites, browsers and browser extentions / add-ons are so interdependant now. This link might help. Your mileage may vary but I just looked it up:

http://kb.iu.edu/data/ahic.html
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast