Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Default Re: Bee Informed National Survey

Mark, how are your nucs packaged?

I don't think the sheet metal would flap, because the way my trailer is set up, there's a 6 foot enclosed space on it, and behind that a 4 foot open space. I planned to strap down the nucs at the tail end of the open space, put 2X blocks to separate the sheet metal from the nuc tops, add the roofing panel, then ratchet strap a 4 foot long hive on top of that.

I wonder if I bought a garden sprayer, filled it with water and ice, and sprayed them down every time I stopped, if that would help.

I've also thought about leaving in the evening, so that I'd only have one day of travel, and two nights. I assume the nights are easier on the bees.
    Ray--1 year, 7 hives, TF

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon Parker View Post
    That was two days worth of "how I treated my hives" and "how effective were your/my treatments?" in the treatment-free forum.

I'm going to go take a shower.
    Why was a Bee Informed National Survey even in the Treatment Free Forum to begin with? Certainly the Survey wasn't about Treatment Free only survival.

Ray,
    My nucs are in 5 frame nuc boxes w/ a three inch wide entrance. They will be on pallets. Ten to a pallet, four pallets tall, two rows. They will be on the deck of my truck under a net.

I should have shipped them North when I came up a month ago, but they weren't ready and neither was the weather and I didn't want to have to feed them. Now it is hot and I expect them to get hot on the truck under the net. So I will be stopping where I can hose them down every now and then.

Yes, transporting them at night is somewhat easier on them if temps are cooler. But when will you sleep? If you are going to stop to sleep then night time is the best time for that.
    Mark Berninghausen To combat Ebola, please consider supporting http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    Why was a Bee Informed National Survey even in the Treatment Free Forum to begin with? Certainly the Survey wasn't about Treatment Free only survival.
    The idea was to present a controversial topic but only allow one side to be presented/discussed. If one notes who originally started the thread, the objection makes sense.
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    Surely if we can only post TF national surveys, we'd be a bit short on surveys to post, don't you think? Aside from that fact, you have obviously missed the piece of data in almost every graph which compares a given treatment to no treatment at all.

What was it that deknow said? Briefly glancing at a link is not acceptable preparation for discussing its contents. Something like that.
    Solomon Parker, Parker Farms, ParkerFarms.biz
    11 Years Treatment-Free, ~25 Colony Baseline

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567