Default Should I add a box?

This time of year we all sit and wait to do something with our bees. It is an exciting time of year because they begin to grow especially here is texas. I have some bees on singles and nucs that are packed and have started laying with this warm weather. I am afraid with this weather they will want to swarm without room. I do not have drawn comb so it isn't that easy. I had such a big expansion last year that I used all my extra pulled comb. Should I wait it out for a few weeks? They are bringing in pollen but I wouldn't suspect their is much nectar and we are definitely not close to a flow. Add box or not to add box, that is the question?

Default Re: Should I add a box?

From what I have read if the pollen is coming in the hive is growing. Better give them something to work on.

I would.

Spring might be here for you.

Great question, you must have been reading my mind today at lunch, can't wait for the answers. I'm about 375 miles NE of you, (8a) there were some dandelions along with a few other types of wild flowers blooming today. I wish I had paid better attention in botany class. Lot's of pollen of various colors coming in on most of the bees today. Our highs have been in the 70's the last few days.
    You mentioned peach trees in another post, how long have your peach trees been blooming?
    Is this next cold front supposed to make it as far south as you?

Devil dog- Marines? If so semper fi from down south. My peach tree has been blooming for a little over a week. I will be in the mid 40's for lows. I will be in the 50's to 60's this next week. I changed quens and they have characteristics that they will be flying in cooler weather than a few of my others. Cedar is about in full swing here but I don't see to many dandelions but it isn't far away. I suspect even in the cooler weather that I see them everywhere. I was watching the bees today and they are going crazy. I actually suspect to start seeing swarms pop up in about 3 weeks. A whole different year than last year.
    plum tree isn't blooming yet

Quote Originally Posted by cwood6_10 View Post
    Devil dog- Marines? If so semper fi from down south.
    Yes Sir, 3/5, Thank you!
    Thought the bees might help a little with the PTSD, but that's another story...

They do!