Thread: my first born

Default my first born

sorry if this is in the wrong section, but i finally got to see my first new born bees emerging from their cells and o what a sight to see. i am soo excited that i feel like i have to tell the whole world. my life keeps getting better and better as i watch these amazing creatures . i can't wait to get more time to watch my babies. i assume that this is common with most new beeks.

Default Re: my first born

Been there, done that. It IS amazing and fascinating and awe inspiring! Welcome to "the club"!
    Zone 7b ~ Central Arkansas
    8fr medium equipment

I always enjoyed the emeging of "baby" bees when watching our observation hive. Congrats and thanks for sharing your enthusiasm.

saturday, i was puling out queen cells to put in nucs and my girlfreind noticed one was hatching at that very moment. she was so excited to see it, a big black queen( big for a virgin) came out . so i decided to take a few frames from that hive to put her on, shes now no longer mine, my girlfriend has claimed her without asking , oh well

I was at my brother's the other day and one was hatching near the top of the frame but it looked almost white, I assume it was a bee, or was it? It was about the size of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nantom670 View Post
    I was at my brother's the other day and one was hatching near the top of the frame but it looked almost white, I assume it was a bee, or was it? It was about the size of one.
    'baby' bees should look like regular worker bees - with more fuzz around the eyes and thorax. white sounds like a larva - either waiting to be capped or maybe being removed because it was not developing properly. If you're lucky, you'll see the bee tearing open the top of the cell and wiggling out - takes a few minutes. Good luck.