Default getting first nuc today!!!!

have a newbee ? i am getting local bees with reg cell size what will happen if i add the other frames in my deep (5 more) with small cell foundation? will they draw it out or not? i have other foundation just what would happen? newbee questions are the worst, sorry just have ask?

Default Re: getting first nuc today!!!!

They will probably draw the small cell foundation messily somewhere in between the size they are currently making and the size of the foundation. If you are not switching completely to small cell, it probably is a small thing that just doesn't matter. i envy you the fun of bees for the first time. Good luck.

As a rule, I generally do not use foundation. That said, my bees build whatever cell size they want for what they're doing in that place, if you have a bit of small cell, and a bit of larger cell in the same hive, I'd guess that the bees will just use the 2 for different purposes and all should be fine (so long as they don't run out of space for drone comb, and wreck your small-cell frames)

...but that's just my $0.02

You'll just have to wait and see. This question comes up a lot. Generally speaking, Vance is correct, but strange things sometimes happen.
    Solomon Parker, Parker Farms, ParkerFarms.biz
    11 Years Treatment-Free, ~25 Colony Baseline

thanks everyone for answers i really try to find the answers by searching old treads, but sometimes have to ask. going to use plastic and wood frames reg cell. want my first bees to not get confused. lol wish me luck. thanks again

I just cut out 180 plastic frames to let the bees what ever size they want.
    I'm not tense, Just terribly, terribly alert!