Thread: Medium Nuc

Default Medium Nuc

Hello,
    I am looking for someone selling medium nucs in NW Georgia. I'm looking to get 2 or 3 to start beekeeping for the first time. Since I have only medium boxes the nucs must be mediums also so I can transfer them to hives. If you have any information for me please let me know ASAP since spring started so early here.
    Thank you,
    Christy
    Claudia80nin@yahoo.com

Default Re: Medium Nuc

Good luck, hope you get some bees soon!

If you can't find any medium nucs you can install deep nucs into a medium hive setup. Just stack 2 medium boxes, and fill the rest of the space in both boxes with medium frames. You will have to remove the deep frames before you can get to the mediums in the bottom, and the bees will build some comb on the bottom of the deep frames. But after you get some mediums drawn with brood in them, just move the deep frames above an excluder until any brood in them emerges, then remove them from the hive and let the bees rob them out. Use them in swarm traps or something. No waste.

No telling where that nuc comb has been anyway.

Have you tried contacting Don, the Fat Beeman? He's 2-3 hours from you, but ships. I'm pretty sure he has medium nucs...

Tony P.
    There must be a harder way to do that... let me find it for you.

Ctgolfer: Thank you

David: I had thought about doing that but wanted to search for mediums first before making extra work for myself and my bees, thank you for the thought though.

Toekneepea: I had e-mailed Don and he had some but It’s a 2.5 – 3 hour drive(wouldn’t ship), cost more than other people in the area, I don’t get to keep the nuc, and I don’t want my bees treated with anything; even oils.