Default feeding honey and uncapping questions

I have some honey left in the uncapping tank, what is the best way to feed it to my new package arriving soon? I have a box of frames filled with drawn comb. Should I try to pour it into the frames or but it in my hive top (miller type) feeder? I also was going to put cappings in a hive top feeder on my existing hive for them to clean up. Is that ok?
    I wonder, because I saw I saw a bee got stuck in the honey in the uncapping tank and I was worried the same could happen in the hive top feeder. Thanks

Default Re: feeding honey and uncapping questions

It is very difficult if not impossible to get honey INTO a comb because of the surface tension of the honey.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

So can I put it in a top feeder or how should I feed it to them. Thanks for the reply

Is the feeder made so the bees have access to all of the feed or is it the type that has a screen? If you mix the cappings with a small amount of honey they will clean the cappings and take the honey as well. The cappings will keep the bees from getting stuck in the honey. But you will have to watch it when you add more honey to the cappings to be sure there are not a lot of bees on it. If some get stuck and not covered with honey the others will free it.
    An empty wagon rattles the loudest.

If you're working with mostly liquid honey, I'm thinking a traditional feeder is your best bet. By traditional I'm thinking Miller, inverted bucket, frame or entrance, the cheaper the better. While I'm not as sophisticated as you and use Michael's crush and strain, you could just leave your uncapping tank near your hives and let the girls have at it as I do with my gear and left over gooey wax when I'm done. They leave me with nice clean wax ready to melt for candles.

I often feed honey in one of these:
    http://www.bushfarms.com/beesfeeding.htm#miller

But I always have the screen. I added it to the Brushy Mt ones with the floats... I also feed honey in frame feeders like these:
    http://www.bushfarms.com/beesfeeding.htm#frame

But they need floats and ladders or they will get stuck worse in honey than in syrup.

I also use inverted jars etc. like these:
    http://www.bushfarms.com/beesfeeding.htm#inverted

Drowning is more of an issue with honey, but if they can reach a ladder (#8 mesh makes nice one) or a float, then they can pull themselves out if they fall in.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF