Default Do large solid patches of capped brood emerge at same time?

Wasn't able to take a picture. I was wondering if large fairly solid patches of capped brood emerge at the same time or within a very short time of each other. I'm trying to figure out if I have an extremely spotty layer or if most of the capped brood just emerged. There were tons of bees on these frames so I couldn't tell what was in those uncapped cells.

Default Re: Do large solid patches of capped brood emerge at same time?

The eggs that the queen laid in one day will emerge 21 days later. Whatever pattern the queen laid will be how they emerge.

I'm thinking that its just normal emerging of brood, solid patches of capped brood will all emerge real close together, surely within a day or so at most if the queen is good. With all those bees present on the frames, lots were probably freshly out of the cells, you can spot them by their fuzzy, off color appearance, even looking dusty grayish. John

Do you have hygenic or varroa sensitive hygenic bees? maybe they pulled diseased or mite ridden brood. The big solid patches of brood are purty, but a good queen may still have them. When it is half and half is when you have a bad problem or a third bears observation.