Hybrid View

Default Need Bees in N/E Alabama

I didn't think I would be able to start beekeeping this summer, but as luck would have it, I am still getting the chance. I know I'm late on this, but I desperately need some bees. I'm willing to catch a swarm or purchase a package of bees. Maybe someone around here in Alabama wants to split a hive, or will have some swarms. I live in Anniston and am willing to drive to Birmingham, Gadsden, Piedmont, Oxford, Roanoke, Clay County, and Atlanta GA. Any leads or advice is also welcome. I'm trying to reach someone in the local club, but haven't had any luck yet. Thanks for taking the time to read this post

Skyler

256-282-5872
    smarsh7903@gmail.com

Default Re: Need Bees in N/E Alabama

I haven't bought bees from them, but you might want to try the Pigeon Mountain Trading Company in Lafayette, GA. They state on their website they're taking orders for bees.

http://www.pigeonmountaintrading.com/1-Default.aspx
    Greg Whitehead, Ten Mile, TN
    Blog - http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/

I live in Anniston and while i don't have a split you may be able to get a package from Lookout Mountain Honey Bees
    1590 Tabor Cut Off
    Gadsden, AL 35904
    256-523-4767 or 256-441-2887

That is where I got my bees from 2 years ago, just ask for David

Pigeonmountain is shipping out in May- a little later than I would want to wait, but they are still an option. I actually used lookout mountain this year to get a package for my cousin and they are doing great. Unfortunately for me, though, they are out of bees this season. Thanks for the quick responses! I still have a trap out and I am on swarm lists in this area. I won't give up!

Last edited by Greg Lowe; 03-23-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Check with Fatbeeman he is Lula, GA.
    You can do a search on youtube videos and pull up his vids and contact info or go to website:
    dixiebeesupply.com
    I would sell you a nuc but it would be a long drive/vacation to Northern Idaho for you to pick them up!
    Best of Luck to you! Mtn. Bee

Maybe if you can wait till this coming winter I would be happy to bring them to you along with about 200 colonies and we could visit and talk about bees and build bee equipment for the winter!? LOL!

Bostichillfarm.com has italian bees. Its here just about 25 miles west of tuscaloosa.