Default Bad frame spacing

Hi all,

I'm looking to deal with a bad frame situation before it gets out of hand. Would love some advice!

The frames in the topmost of my three medium brood chambers are badly assembled and do not fit together correctly. Honestly, they're a bit jammed and it takes some effort to remove them.

I'd like to try to deal with them now that it's getting warm, but before the nectar flow starts in earnest. The best solution I've come up with is to remove the box and frames entirely, leave the frames close by so the bees can rob them out and then replacing the top brood chamber with fresh frames.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Bad frame spacing

Check the inside dimensions of your super first. The problem may not be with the frames.

I would move the frames away from the hive so robbers won't be a problem. You might reduce your entrance down as well ...
    BeeCurious
    5 hives and 8 nucs................... Trying to think inside the box...

I have a box with some bad combing and I lifted several frames out at the same time, as they were joined, and cut them as if I was framing up a feral hive. Saving as much comb as I could I reframed the large comb pieces with rubber bands in hope they will fix it. I did that with a couple frames last year too, as I had spaced a super with 9 frames not knowing the rule of starting with 10 frames, change after they've drawn out the 10 frames. I hope that makes sense--I am using foundationless. I like the rabbit fencing idea someone posted pic of, even more secure. It worked for me last year. The frames I did the other day, I haven't checked them yet. It was brood comb, light and easy to work with. I don't think I'd try it with full honey. That I would handle like you said and then reframe, or use it for candles.

ps: this is only my 3rd year, I am still experimenting...

If you have the woodware place the badly done one on the bottom and a new one with foundation above. This will help move them up and out of the badly done one. Later you can completely remove it.
    Old Guy in Alabama