Default Mann lake 4 x 10 smoker with plastic bellows

Has anyone used the Mann Lake 4 x 10 smoker with the plastic bellows? If so, what do you think about it?

Default Re: Mann lake 4 x 10 smoker with plastic bellows

I assume you mean the yellow and blue bellows, Ive had one in use for 3 years and no problems with rubber failure , they also sell replacement rubber if needed
    Honeydew

I like that bellows as it has an intake for fresh air into the bellows instead of just a single port; which causes the nasty ash and creosote oil to be drawn back out of the fire chamber and onto the bellows and anything near the exit hole....not many smoker bellows seem to have the intake port.

I use one from time to time and it works fine. I prefer wood and leather rather than the rubber or plastic but they make replacement bellows if needed or preferred.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

I have one going into its 6th year. It works fine. I have replaced the rubber once and its about time to do it again as there is a small hole in the yellow rubber, now covered with duct tape. I ordered a few of the replacement covers a couple of years ago, they were a couple of bucks each.
    Just some thoughts.

I got one this winter. Just fired it up yeserday and have more smoke coming out from around the top than thru the hole. Had to put some metal tape about halfway arond the top to make it work properly.

Thanks, everyone!

Get the Dadant 4x10 and be done with it! You'll eventually end up with the Dadant so might as well start off on the right foot. I speak from experience; my son bought the ML smoker 3 years ago. Very poor performance compared to the Dadant I bought, so we replaced it with a Dadant. Dadant bought the company that's been producing this smoker for a long, long time now; I used the exact same smoker 50 years ago when I first started working bees. They last forever and replacement bellows and bottom grids are available. We have a few of the Dadant 4x7 smokers that we got from an old guy we bought out a couple years ago. He bought them in the 50's and 60's and they work just as well today.