Dang. 13 swarm cells and two supercedure cells all in the same hive! Looked for an hour and never found the queen. The hive was wall to wall in bees except for a few frames at the third level.
I had 3 deeps on with the 3rd being a "duplex"..i.e. two half width deeps. I pulled the two half widths off, put them on their own special bottom (with screen and beetle trap and opposite side entrances) I put a frame in each side with swarm cells (cut off all but two)...and a frame of brood and nurse bees.. and two frames with starter foundation.
I also had one entire frame of drones which I put in one side of the new duplex (just didn't know what to do with them.)
In the original hive I added three empty frames at each level with a new 3rd deep (not partitioned). I left the supercedure cell and two swarm cells. I also moved some frames from the bottom to the second or third level.
Now tell how badly I've screwed up....'cause I'm entirely new to this.
A full frame of drones
the duplex moved to the side (its in the midddle..the hive on the left is empty)
wall to wall bees