Default How "freshly dead" must a queen be?

One of my hives died and I took particular pains to sift through all the bees to find the queen. Found her, and I want to make a swarm lure by pickling her in alcohol. Looked on forum and it seems like keepers mostly use a freshly-pinched queen. My hive may have died anytime in the last two months (we moved in Dec. and I only now had a chance to retrieve the hives).

Will a swarm lure containing a queen that may have been dead for a few weeks work as effectively as one with a newly-killed queen?
    If I'm neither sanguine, phlegmatic, choleric, nor melancholy, does that mean I'm out of humour?

Default Re: How "freshly dead" must a queen be?

I would give it a shot,whats the worse that could happen? I mean the queen is already dead.
    "It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!" Zapata

I agree. Give it a shot. If you're more curious, I'd e-mail Michael Bush. He has always e-mailed me back w/in a couple days. He's gracious in this way!!!

I won't hurt to add her to the jar of alcohol... but I don't pinch them... I just drop them in. They die instantly.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Thank you. In she goes...with the hope that the pheremones are strong enough to seep out and give the juice some flavor.
    If I'm neither sanguine, phlegmatic, choleric, nor melancholy, does that mean I'm out of humour?