Default Pricing for Pollination

I have been asked to place hives on a farm in PA to for polination, I have no clue what to charge. The farm is 20 acres, but only about 1.2 acres being planted this year. The crops are tomato, pepper, sweet potato, pumpkin, watermelon, zucchini, honeydew and cantaloupe. I also don't know how many hives would be required for proper polination of his crops. I also saw the page on "build it yourself" it says a % of crops, what is normaly charged? Thanks for any help

Default Re: Pricing for Pollination

Up in the right hand corner under advance search, type in charge for pollination service and it will open topics on that question.

Sounds more like a big garden than a farm. How long will the bees be there? How many times will you have to visit them while they are there? We don't load anything for less than $60/hive.
    “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled.” - The Quran

$300 min. rent them 4-6 hives for six week rental. charge more if more then 50 miles one way. Check on the bees every couple of weeks until rental is over. Sign a contract and most important get paid in full when you deliver. Search internet for sample pollination contract.

If you make honey while your there give owner some but keep the rest for yourself.
    Michael Leach
    www.nabeehive.com

Discuss what and when they are going to use any pesticide while your bees are there!
    Old Guy in Alabama