Default I need two Carniolian nucs in Vermont???

Looking to get two nucs of NORTHERN RAISED Carnis this spring. One for me and one for a friend. I contacted Michael Palmer via private message but he must be out of town and I am guessing all of his good stuff is already sold.

Anybody in the Vermont area have a couple of nucs available when the weather turns a bit warmer? Hoping for NORTHERN RAISED Carniolians please!
    Last edited by Keth Comollo; 02-25-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Default Re: I need two Carniolian nucs in Vermont???

You can PM Mike on here, but I am pretty sure he has said he isn't selling any Nucs this season.

I sold out on Nucs in January... Sqkcrk is making up Nucs I think, but he migrates his bees, his queens may be local... Personally I have seen no benefit in purchasing local nucs over southern produced. I have had just as many wintering issues with both.
    Always question Conventional Wisdom.

I believe that BMAC has nucs for sale. he is just west of albany ny. he has all carni stock
    Allegany Mtn. Bee Farm
    Quality Queens and Honey from Western New York

Sold Out Re: I need two Carniolian nucs in Vermont???

Full Bloom Apiaries' website currently says they're taking orders for nucs. New World Carniolans. They're in Conneticut.

OOPS! I'm Sorry The top of their page says they're taking orders. Then scroll down to the nucs and it says they're closed.
    Last edited by Steven Ogborn; 02-25-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Thanks for the responses. I have sent a message to BMAC. If he doesn't have any I also have Circle7 in Mass. that will help with Italian crosses. If any other ideas for Carnis come to mind please let me know!!

If you don't find anything and decide to go with a package or two I still have plenty available...

Keth, If you can't get Mike Palmer nucs, you might still be able to order a couple of his queens.In the past I've gotten packages and split and added queens from Mike.

i do have carni nucs available. folks the bees are winter in ny till jan. then i run them south and make my splits and nucs. all queens are naturally mated and all come from new york stock.

I should have added that my packages will be available for pickup in South Royalton VT.

If you are into mediums nucs, Denny White in Williamsville, VT has small cell nucs. I purchased one from him last spring and they were great bees. They are still doing well VERY good honey producers. His nucs are overwintered nucs.

This is a link where you can contact him....look to the right side of the page.

http://wrv-bees.blogspot.com/2008/11...nt-winter.html
    Pearl City Apiary Michael and Loucil Bach

Thanks Michae. Since I drive through Newfane every two weeks I will contact Denny and get some nucs from him too. I had a hive that I thought might just make it through winter but sadly today I found them all dead. The cluster was a bit too small and it looks like the queen died so I am going to get some nucs from BMAC near Albany and probably try a couple from Denny as well!
    Raising Vermont Bees one mistake at a time.
    USDA Zone 5A