Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: There Seems To Be Some Interest In My Swarm Traps!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seymore View Post
    Well, Ive been trying to get a swarm trap up for 2 weeks now. My weekend starts tomorrow so maybe then. ITMT, I am just getting too excited by all the swarm so that I put up a makeshift trap. What the heck, right? I'm fishing the lazy way!
    (Image)
    It's sitting on my front porch - ha! But I do have some old comb (not in a frame, just in a wad - is that what you do?) and a cotton ball with lgo. Who knows, anything is possible. Tomorrow maybe hubby will drag out that ladder for me.
    Ha! You never know; I'd never done a swarm trap before, but from what I've read, the key is the lemon grass oil...worked for me

Default Re: There Seems To Be Some Interest In My Swarm Traps!!

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Viking Ranch View Post
    Nice job . I just checked and re-baited my swarm trap from last year this past weekend. It a bit colder down here still, but I figure better to put out the trap early than late. I've got a huge cotton wood in the river that throws swarms every year and with any luck I will be able to catch one. My trap sits right near my driveway up about 10-12 feet (and about 200 feet from the "cottonwood hive" down the road) so I anxiously check on it every time I drive by hoping to see some activity. I am using some swarm lures given to me by my neighbor who is a pest control guy and few old drawn frames/comb. The rest are empty frames.

I have no idea where he got the lures but he gave me about 30 or so and a lot of them say bee-lure on the package. Some look like these from Brushy Mountain http://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com...oductinfo/253/ and the rest look like little clear pieces of glass or candy about 1/8" long. Anyone have any success with swarm lures or know about how long they last before refreshing is needed? I planned on using LGO but decided since the lures were free I'd use em up first.
    Thank you! From what I've read, LGO and the lures work equally well--and I'm very fond of free stuff! So, are you busy building 29 more traps?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12