Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Default Re: Mann Lake vented suit

I'm writing to clarify that the Ultra Breeze suits and jackets are NOT sold by Mann Lake or Pigeon Mountain. The Ultra Breeze can be purchased through our website and through Amazon. We have suits and jackets in stock in all sizes.

Kind regards,
    Stephanie
    Ultra Breeze Suits, LLC

I just wanted to add I am on my second year with my Ultrabreeze full suit. It is great! I have never been stung through it or around it.

Each year, I always seem to have one especially defensive hive, and having confidence in my bee suit allows me to plunge into the hive while the bees swarm me and I don't have any concerns about being stung.
    --shinbone
    (3rd year, 14 hives, Zone 5b, 5400 ft, 15.8" annual rainfall)

This is also my 2nd year with the Ultra Breeze full suite. Their customer service has been awesome. When I first got my suit, there was an issue with the veil touching under my chin. I sent some pictures to show what was going on and soon a newly redesigned veil was at my house. I have never been stung since then and the only place a bee ever got me was through the veil.

Just as important is that these suits have full zippers on the legs with Elastic at the bottom. This makes them easy to put on and to pull off.

it is also awesome how much cooler these are than the ordinary cotton suits.

Will be ordering one for my Dad (he's 83) this summer.

Since this is a Mann lake jacket thread I will post about that. I love it so far but I never owned an Ultrabreeze so I cannot compare. I was stung through the jacket for the first time yesterday. I was pretty surprised! Two shots on the right shoulder. I wasnt using smoke and the hive was queenless. They were pretty testy!

All in all I am pretty happy with it.
    "Someday we will look back and realize someone was right...and conveniently forget we were the ones that were wrong."

dnichols, you are correct, I should have been paying more attention to the thread. Sorry, not trying to hi-jack.

I'm also going a little off topic, my 5 year old ultra breeze just became a guest jacket. The elastic is a little loose, & the veil has a little duct tape on it.
    Took my new UB out of the closet for myself.
    Dan

I've had both jackets, ML and UB for several years now and both are holding up equally as well. ML is a better price for basically the same jacket. If you zip the jacket and hood closed as if you were wearing it, you can machine wash on the "Delicate" setting in cold water with a little bleach. It comes out pretty clean.
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org

Charlie, just curious, but how have you had the ML vented jacket for several years? Wasn't this a new item from ML and Pigeon Mountain in the last 2 years?

I had to go back and look at my previous post. I've had the ML jacket over a year so it hasn't been several years so my apologies for the inaccuracy. I'm sure however that the ML jacket will last for many years to come.
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org

I have the ML and swear by it, Also is Bomb Proof I do removals that are pretty Pissy from time to time and I have yet to be stung through it
    I have other Bee jackets and will get stung and sweat my rear off

I only wish I bought a Ultra breeze Years ago (because they where the only one's around )
    I make that statement on the basis of how much I really like the ML one (cool/Stingless)
    If I wasn't so cheap I would have BOUGHT the Ultra years ago
    and would Never had too suffer through the stings and Heat

Does the Mann lake have zippered legs?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie B View Post
    I had to go back and look at my previous post. I've had the ML jacket over a year so it hasn't been several years so my apologies for the inaccuracy. I'm sure however that the ML jacket will last for many years to come.
    Thanks Charlie, I appreciate the clarification.