Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Still waiting on April 18th packages

My club ordered a large order of packages and the delivery date was April 18th. The supplier said due to weather it would be the following week. I checked with the club last week and they say they have heard nothing from the supplier. I have 13 packages on this order. My club had paid all the $$$. I got 6 packages in March from another guy on time and he delivered bees in April plus has more coming in May. His bees are coming from the same general area and he is having no problems meeting his deadlines. Whats up with this?

Default Re: Still waiting on April 18th packages

Sounds like some BS to me. Its not uncommon for suppliers to blow off smaller orders to supply larger customers, how many did you have ordered? I got all of my April 15th packages on time so I know they were shaking bees that week.

$13,000.00 worth.

Quote Originally Posted by hemichuck View Post
    Sounds like some BS to me. Its not uncommon for suppliers to blow off smaller orders to supply larger customers, how many did you have ordered? I got all of my April 15th packages on time so I know they were shaking bees that week.

who is the order with, may help to get the name out as people may be more familiar with the supplier.

the local bee club just got the middle of april packages today, so may be same supplier.
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon

I'm just a member of the club. I don't want to slam the business if this delay is something beyond their control. I just hope we are not getting the shaft due to some one who ordered behind us who has a bigger order. I will check with the club Monday morning and if there are still no answers I will disclose the name of the supplier. I know from now on I will pay the little extra and order my bees through my other guy. If I would have paid $90 more I would already have them.

Quote Originally Posted by wildbranch2007 View Post
    who is the order with, may help to get the name out as people may be more familiar with the supplier.

the local bee club just got the middle of april packages today, so may be same supplier.

Welcome to agriculture. You can't get em till they gottem. If this is a one time slowdown from this supplier, you need to have patience. If it is a pattern, then find a new supplier.

It is the first time the club has gone with this provider. I have read past posts about the same supplier doing the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Vance G View Post
    Welcome to agriculture. You can't get em till they gottem. If this is a one time slowdown from this supplier, you need to have patience. If it is a pattern, then find a new supplier.

Smile Re: Still waiting on April 18th packages

Quote Originally Posted by GOHoney View Post
    I'm just a member of the club. I don't want to slam the business if this delay is something beyond their control. .
    GOHoney, very well said, best wishes for a great year with your bees.

P.S. I'm not the supplier for GOH, but think his response in a noble one.
    NUTRA-BEE feed supplements

Thanks Keith. I just want to get them hived. I have only been in this three year, but this is the first time I have had this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Jarrett View Post
    GOHoney, very well said, best wishes for a great year with your bees.

P.S. I'm not the supplier for GOH, but think his response in a noble one.

Finally! After 36 days from the delivery date given they are saying we will have our bees on May 23rd! I will believe it when I see it.

They give any reason to why they are late.

From what the club tells me they say it was due to bad weather. Although I have been watching their weather and it has been good since the first delay. I don't want to put any bad mojo on this so I will post the package dealer name after we get our bees. I'm still not convinced they are being truthful and we will even get our bees.

Quote Originally Posted by Billboard View Post
    They give any reason to why they are late.

Yeah right wait till you get goods in hand before you give the name. They might read this forum and possibly delay more.

Have you ever been to spoon state park, ive been thinking of going there to hunt. I didnt want to drive 2 hrs for nothing. How is it. Your about 2 hrs west from me.

Sorry, never been to spoon. What are you hunting?

Have you ever been to spoon state park, ive been thinking of going there to hunt. I didnt want to drive 2 hrs for nothing. How is it. Your about 2 hrs west from me.

I hunt turkey and deer. I was looking at spoon for deer this fall, also shawnee natl. forrest.. i just got done at green river just north of you sunday for turkey.

I hunt Turkeys and have no problem killing one. I live close to the spoon river. We also have lots of deer. I have a dozen does that just look at me when I come home and go to work in the mornings.

I hunt turkey and deer. I was looking at spoon for deer this fall, also shawnee natl. forrest.. i just got done at green river just north of you sunday for turkey.

Turkey is hard, atleast in the 5th season and at green river. Lol. we had 1 day of good weather then the rest was rain. either of us got one, my son and i that is. We had fun tho. So then ill put the spoon on my list then.

Yeah right wait till you get goods in hand before you give the name. They might read this forum and possibly delay more.
    It's bad business to further antagonize unhappy clients, though.
    www.apisrustica.com (French-only website) Bee Breeding: Canadian nuclei & queens
    www.facebook.com/Apis.rustica

I would hope. I know we are not his biggest customer. I read he supplies Kelley. The worst part about this is it will time out when they get here the spring flow will pretty much be done! That Sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    It's bad business to further antagonize unhappy clients, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast