Default I fooled my grandchildren!

My grandchildren thought I was building a treehouse for them.

Little did they know that I was actually making a stand for swarm traps!!!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

Default Re: I fooled my grandchildren!

Boy, are they going to be upset! You did good on all accounts! Hey, do the bees enjoy the swings?
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the ProVap 110
    OA Vaporizer. The fastest vaporizer on the market!

Quote Originally Posted by snl View Post
    Boy, are they going to be upset! [IMG]file:///C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\cl ip_image001.gif[/IMG]
    The kids usually come in July and November....so they'll never know.
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

That's a heck of a hive stand Gramps! J

It IS a tree house, with a security system.

Crazy Roland

I'm remembering that beemandan is the guy who claims there are no feral bees in his neck of the woods. This must mean he is planning to catch swarms from his own colonies. :O
    NW Alabama, 47 years, 22 colonies and growing, sideliner, treatment free since 2005, 14 frame square Dadant broodnest

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion_power View Post
    I'm remembering that beemandan is the guy who claims there are no feral bees in his neck of the woods. This must mean he is planning to catch swarms from his own colonies. :O
    Sad but true. If you look at the second photo you can see some of my hives between the house and treehouse. That and there are several other beekeepers in the area. I am under no illusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    It IS a tree house, with a security system.
    Heck...having bees in the yard seems to be a pretty effective deterrent...even when you don't want it. The FEDEX delivery guy says he is allergic and doesn't want to come up my driveway, even though the hives are a couple of hundred feet away. Whenever I order stuff that may come FEDEX, I have it sent to my neighbor's house.