Default Swarm gone wrong, need help

Bees swarmed, for what ever reason, too hot I think. I recaptured swarm and put them into a hive with a deep hive box and a frame feeder. I was short two frames so I had to get the frames. I got the frames after several days, opened up the hive and found the bees constructed their own frame from the top board hanging into the deep between two of the frames. When I lifted top board it fell into the hive spilling honey and wax comb into hive. I cleaned top board left wax comb and honey in bottom of hive and filled in the two new frames, closed it up. Don't know what to do, if I should leave it and let bees clean it up or what? Any suggestions appreciated.

Default Re: Swarm gone wrong, need help

Pull it out and rubberband it into an empty frame.

I think it is too late for that, it is all in pieces in the bottom of the hive, I have put new frames in over top of it. The honey in it was not capped yet. I am hoping the bees will retrieve the honey but I am not sure what to do with the broken comb in the bottom of hive. Should I leave it or try to remove it?

I bet the bees will clean it all up for you if you just leave it. I run 8 frame boxes and the outer frames get drawn too wide on the outside, and I run foundationless and sometimes the frames get drawn too wide. Mostly along the tops of the comb and it'll be stored honey. I just scrape them down to size needed and let it all drop into the hive between frames, the bees always clean it up.
    "A good day is when no one shows up and you don't have to go anywhere." - Burt Shavitz (Burt's Buzz)

I think you are probably right, it looks like the bees are already shredding up the wax and collecting the lost honey. I am a bit worried about them getting a new hive going this time of year so I didn't want any interruptions in their productivity. But, there seems to be many a slip between a cup and a lip. We have had some record breaking hot days and they swarmed, I tried to catch it on time but I guess they wanted to go. Thanks for your reply.