Thread: Cabin fever

Default Cabin fever

Seems like maybe cabin fever has set in and folks are getting irritable lately. More and more posts have a negative bent to them and many are directly attacking other forum members. Sad really, one of the things I liked about this forum and prompted me to join was the helpful and positive attitudes from the other members.

Default Re: Cabin fever

I think that is a lousy thing to say. And when the thaw comes and I can get out, I'm coming looking for you.

In truth, life in the states is getting more stressful. Also our culture is being told that it is ok to say what ever we want even if it is going to come across as rude. As for bee keepers, its not as easy as it used to be and we are fighting everything trying to kill off our bees and more goverment regulations than ever before. Not to mention costs simply keep going up because the goverment keeps cheaping our moneys value with credit and debt. Everyone I meet is more stressed than ever before.

Me, I'm just trying not to have a heart attack.
    Old Guy in Alabama

All the more reasons we should help support eachother and try to stay optomistic.

Jr, Love a sense of humor: Good one.
    I think it is just because Football season is over. Perhaps folks mis read/interpret what is being stated. I try not to get all paranoid about it. Personally, I'm glad football is over. I'm really tired of those guys in the huddle talking about me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick 1456 View Post
    Personally, I'm glad football is over. I'm really tired of those guys in the huddle talking about me.

I just think it has a lot to do with the fact that it is easy to misinterpret the tone of written language from time to time. Just because a written post may come across a little harsh, doesn't mean that the author intended it that way. While these forums are very useful because of the availability of information sharing by world wide bee keepers, it also dehumanizes relationships a bit. Sadly, this is the direction our nation is headed. A world where two people can sit across the living room from each other, but prefer to "text" each other or send each other messages on the computer, rather than have a conversation face to face, eye to eye. Technology has many benefits, but using it also has many consequences.

Youzs guys need a hobbyHave youall got enuff stuff built fer next season ??
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

That's why I use a lot of smiles I think it helps