Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Default Re: Russel Apiaries need some customer service

I had not heard of them before. All this talk got me curious, so I went and took a look at their website. They've earned a new customer with me.

Well Im glad the responses turned positive, I've heard they have wonderfull bees, and cant wait to try them, I didn't check my spame 8 weeks ago, maybe they responded. there site says paypal would send an auto response, I have no problem waiting a few weeks for the bees. I'll check my spam when I get home and see if anything was sent earlier this week. Good luck to them.
    I'm not tense, Just terribly, terribly alert!

When I ordered, I received a receipt from PayPal. That is good enough for me. Now I wait (and have been) until my queens arrive. I could use them now, but will still need them when they arrive sometime later this year.

Glad that they are getting things back together.

Speaking of Russel Apiaries, has anyone ever successfully arranged a piggy-back nuc delivery? I just found out about the delivery system a month ago and posted on their forum but haven't had any responses. I am thinking that the chance of someone out there willing to bring a nuc closer to me may be slim to none, even if gas money is offered. Any words of advice?

Twinkie -

How is it that both you and Robert post in the middle of the night? Seems odd that an employee would be posting about their boss at 2:30 am.

Seriously?! Are you insinuating something by that or just stirring the pot?

I'm up by 3 or 4 every morning except for when I work the late shift twice a week. I have boys to drag out of bed and get to school. A family to take care of. A house to keep up. A business to run. And then I have my part time job, that aint so part time right now. I read forums when I have a chance. Is there a certain time that you feel would be more proper for me to be here? I'm not "posting about my boss" I'm giving updates to people who have questions that I can answer. Russell says that someone here plays the devil's advocate so he will not post here. Could be why this is all in the bee breeding area instead of the consumer reports. He uses his phone to post on forums and does most of it while traveling to yards before daylight.

amethysta, if it looks like you are not going to be able to find a piggy-back, I can get you a refund or send a queen to someone closer to you and get them to over stock a nuc for you. There should be a few headed to NY, NH, and ME. But they may not be speaking up because of a lack of space or you may be too far off of their route.

Ya know Twinkie, when stuff like weather happens, there are some here that would volunteer to be there to help with the repairs, all for the chanch of learning or watching methods of breeding Queens. Most of what I see here is a fierce loyalty among those of us that use Russell Queens, and I for one would be honored to get an oppertunity to be of service.

Twinkiebee, I seem to be confused. You are saying that storms in MS have destroyed mating nucs and prevented Robert from shipping queens on time.

However in a thread in the consumer report colum you said Robert had no production yards in MS.

"He doesn't produce queens in Mississippi. His home is here so there is an office here and a research yard here. Mississippi is where his dad's operation was. Robert has always had bees all over. Robert's brother killed almost all of his dad's hives by stealing nucs out of them during beetle season. His dad asked Robert to step in and save what was left when he found out what the brother was doing. Then Robert's dad passed away and Robert still keeps up the last few hives that his dad had for sentimental purposes and uses them to study different issues so that other people can use the research to keep their bees alive."

Which is it?

Johnny
    "Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

The nucs were not mating nucs. They were five frame nucs. The yard didn't prevent anything from shipping, the lack of an office did. We process orders and generate labels for packages from that location, no matter where the queens are shipping from. Aside from that, all of our crews were brought in to clear debris and rebuild. Kinda hard to cage queens in one state when your working in another. Confussion gone?

Preciousbeesfarms, Thank you. We actually did have a few guys come in from other operations and they were a lot of help.

Twinkiebee, I will be in Flowood next Tuesday. Would it be ok to drop by the office in Brandon for a visit?

Johnny
    Last edited by Broke-T; 04-13-2012 at 01:43 PM.

broke-t, I asked Russell and this is what he responded with. "Although we would normally welcome any beekeepers to visit, having an obvious ill-wisher take time away from our work and create tension in an already stressfull situation doesn't sound very appealing... He can hope for the worst from his own operation... Just stop responding to negativity on that thread Jackie... There are people that view others as competition and dealing with them only makes your job harder... We dont have to do business with those people and you dont have to let them stress you... Just ignore them on the forums and add them to your prayer list... We all have enough on our plates and the people that depend on us deserve our full attention..."

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkieBee View Post
    "Although we would normally welcome any beekeepers to visit, having an obvious ill-wisher take time away from our work and create tension in an already stressfull situation doesn't sound very appealing... He can hope for the worst from his own operation... Just stop responding to negativity on that thread Jackie... There are people that view others as competition and dealing with them only makes your job harder... We dont have to do business with those people and you dont have to let them stress you... Just ignore them on the forums and add them to your prayer list... We all have enough on our plates and the people that depend on us deserve our full attention..."
    This will probably get deleted/edited/moderated but...
    to that quote!

Good queens from good people. That should mean a lot more than it seems to on here.

Doc has been beyond helpful to many on this forum over the years, that has not been lost on some of us and i for one am very thankful for his advice and support.
    Seems that some are afraid of the competition that indeed makes America great and feel it necessary to take jabs at a man (or company) when they are faced with adversity.
    Gee, my world has been turned inside out two years in a row, by mother nature, things are in a shambles and need immediate attention to salvage what is my livelyhood, and i miss some emails, or shipments due to circumstances out of my control.
    I think this would be the BEST time for a VISIT!!! Really?
    I don't know him, never bought a bee from him (but will), have never personally talked with him, have no clue what he looks like. But like i would with anyone who has gone thru things like this, have some Grace.

I am sorry to hear about Russells misfortunes. I personally know nothing about the Russell operation nor have I had any business dealings with him, if memory serves me correctly Broke T has visited there. Out of curiosity has anyone else here seen or been able to make it over there to help them pick up the pieces?
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

I don't consider Robert a competitor. I have more orders for queens than I can produce. I knew Roberts dad and visited with him several times. It just bothers me when I see things that don't add up.

Johnny
    "Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

Twinkiebee

I would love to see how the Russell operations work, as I know seeing him in person and seeing how his operations work would go miles for my education, but I know he (and everyone from the company) is extremely busy, and does not have time to cater to a "site visit" as such.

But, if Doc ever offered a course, or a shadow session, or a class of some kind, I would be very interested in attending or participating. I know the odds are slim (and he doesn't have the time to do one), but I'd be willing to cash in vacation time to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkieBee View Post
    Seriously?! Are you insinuating something by that or just stirring the pot?
    Seriously! I just notice that both you and Robert have on many occasions posted messages in the middle of the night. That doesn't seem odd to you? Especially since you've now decided to be the go between person for Robert and the forums. I raised 5 kids myself, so I know what it's all about.
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by jim lyon View Post
    I am sorry to hear about Russells misfortunes. I personally know nothing about the Russell operation nor have I had any business dealings with him, if memory serves me correctly Broke T has visited there. Out of curiosity has anyone else here seen or been able to make it over there to help them pick up the pieces?
    My helpers and I were there during the clean up. I worked with Robert for years while he helped me get big enough to go commercial in honey. I worked in every yard and met some awesome bee keepers. Never met any Johnny from Philadelphia. He says that Mr Russells sunkist would eat you out of house and home and I know that didn't come from visiting Mr Russell or using the sunkist.

"It's always good when your gut feeling about someone who you have never met turns out to be 110% correct. God Bless All of you at Russell Apiaries."

I second that!!
    We had the second year running with floods. The Pecan's I harvested this year I can eat myself. Not much I can do about disapointed customers. Just hope for better next year.
    I wish RR and his family and crew all the best

max

Barry, busy people being on the internet at night instead of when they are busy during the day? No, does't seem odd at all. You never get on here at night?

Phil, uh huh, couldn't help it either could you? See I'm not the only one that it's getting to.

Broke T, I have never met you either. Maybe you just showed up at JN's home or something?

Specialkayme, I bet Russell would let you shadow him for a few days so long as he is going to be in one place for a while.

max2, we are going to Australia this fall! I can't wait!

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast