Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Default Re: Russell Apiaries

I'm just relaying the little that I've experienced in regards to the RA situation. I'm sure there are some good folks at some (if not all) of these "sub" producers. I wish them the best success...for them and the bees. It does cause pause for thought in regards to taking on a business name that does have some bad publicity associated with it. Russell had/has some good genetics and with the dwindling gene pool that we have it would be a shame to lose those. Time will settle things out with RA and the RA-subs...either there will be a customer base for them or there won't be. I would imagine time will also smooth over the rough waves that have been associated with RA. Whatever the case, I hope the genetics aren't lost.

In retrospect, it would have been better for Russell to have started out selling to the small beeks through subs rather than directly...I don't think we would be seeing the anger (anti-RA) or elevated defensiveness (pro-RA) that we are seeing from those people even vaguely involved.

The "anit" and the "pro" crowd are simply responding in turn to how they have been treated...either "you screwed me, I'm against you" or "you did ok by me, I'm for you". Beekeepers should not be this divided which makes me (getting a little out of neutral area) look at what has caused the division.

The bottom line to me is that if someone owes someone something, be it money, bees, apology, forgiveness, whatever..., then that "something" should be paid to the person that it's owed to. If that person refuses to pay that debt then they themselves affix the label of crook or thief or simply lowlife scumbag to themselves...it's their choice.

Ed

I'd have to think long and hard about becoming a sub producer for a company that straight up stole so many beekeepers hard earned cash. I've been fighting for a refund for almost a year now and I'm tired of it. I don't give a crap about the quality of any of the subs, they work for the same thief that stole so much money from so many people. I had ordered queens in the past from Russells but those two good experiences are overtaken by this extremely horrible one. In my opinion Dr. Russell should be in prison. I will be headed through Mississippi in early spring and might have to stop by for a visit and see if I can Russell up a refund one way or another.

I've also had excellent service and communication from Jason Varner of Russell Apiaries PA...and have been extremely impressed with not only how productive the Sunkist queens I got from him are, but how aggressively they groom against mites.
    When I first saw guard bees aggressively grooming returning workers, I thought they were fighting, but soon realized what was going on.
    I love this, as my apiary is treatment free.

I ordered Hybrid 410 queens from Kale Luce at Russell Apiaries NY, and also got great queens, service and communication.
    These bees (Moonbeam x bees from Alaska/NW Territories) are also very heavy layers, but shutdown when the flows do, and they fly/forage in much cooler weather than other bees I've had.
    I put a screen on a Hybrid 410 hive an hour before dawn this fall in preparation to move a hive, and when I returned an hour later, there was a cluster of returning foragers on the entrance screen trying to get in who had already been out foraging in the dark!

I was very impressed!

I highly recommend both of these gentlemen and their products!

Craig Adams
    Elmira, NY

PS I believe they are both running a 10% off Christmas sale
    Last edited by Beregondo; 12-13-2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: typo

I sent an email to Jason Varner of Russell Apiaries PA. last week with questions about his queens and he responded within a day. Usually when I email queen producers, as I only need one or two queens, they don't respond. I was very impressed that Jason took the time to answer my questions. I am very likely going to purchase a couple of queens from him this spring.

If members want to start making comments about the sub producers, please start another thread.
    Regards, Barry

Many months after RA offered a refund and me accepting one; I still do not have what they promised, or what I paid for.
    Happy new year?

My experience is exactly the same. No response from Russells.

Dishonest people they are; not a good place to shop for queens or anything else.

what about russels MD? what is the satellite people are having most problems from?

Deleted
    Last edited by Beregondo; 01-04-2013 at 03:15 PM. Reason: typo

Local dealers having problems with customers? Not I.

MD is new this year and Rob Greenwell is very quick to reply back to my emails. He's queens won't be ready until May he told me.

I have still heard no word from Russells on my 2000$ that they took over a year ago. I really wonder why these sub producers would affiliate themselves with such a crooked company?
    Nick

As far as I am concerned, I will keep a great distance from any Russell thing, animal, product or transaction. They are dishonest and do not know the meaning of truth or honor.

Quote Originally Posted by swarm_trapper View Post
    I have still heard no word from Russells on my 2000$ that they took over a year ago. I really wonder why these sub producers would affiliate themselves with such a crooked company?
    Nick
    Yeah, same thing I asked. Theres no way I would have their name associated with my apiary-considering this topic has reached 20 pages. Im still waiting on my 12/2011 refund as well..May be paying their customers back was a part of their 2013 resolutions.

You might want to check with the Rankin County Court. Appears he has had to face a judge on a couple business issues.
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    You might want to check with the Rankin County Court. Appears he has had to face a judge on a couple business issues.
    Thanks for the info. I will call them tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by VolunteerK9 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I will call them tomorrow.
    So what did you find out?

Sorry, I dropped the ball. Been an interesting several days at work. I will call though.

I'm not sure if this has been posted or not. The email address is one that I haven't seen before...it was found on the RA welcome page in an update notice about "Holdover/Transfer orders and Cancellations"...

russelltransfers@yahoo.com

Hopefully this might help someone.
    Ed

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast