Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Default Re: Queens from Russel apiaries

I was chastened on the russell site for kicking them when they are down and the people left posting there are cult members. The amount I was defrauded of like yours was not enough to justify hiring a lawyer for. Other than warning others not to do business with these people. It is time to just let it go.

if you mailed payment or order complain to postal inspectors
    if you used a charge card do a chargeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance G View Post
    I was chastened on the russell site for kicking them when they are down and the people left posting there are cult members.

So i can take it the Kool Aid here is better.
    Last edited by NW_Mark; 07-26-2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Change

Quote Originally Posted by Vance G View Post
    I was chastened on the russell site ...
    So you are complaining because they curtailed your sexual activity? Isn't that what "chastened" means? As in when one remains chaste? ie celibit? Maybe you were chastized?
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    So you are complaining because they curtailed your sexual activity? Isn't that what "chastened" means? As in when one remains chaste? ie celibit? Maybe you were chastized?
    No actually I think Vance was correct in his usage. Lets not try getting into the guys personal life he's already upset enough. You better recheck your New York revised edition
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

I am waiting on a refund from "ra". They clipped my wings for $1200.00. I purchased overwintered nucs for spring delivery, April to be exact. I am hoping to get the refund. I just wonder about the money. "ra" if they are solvent should be setting on sizable cash reserves. If they are not in a good cash position, what happened to the money?

WOW! Every time this thread pops up someone new has been ripped off.
    I thought awhile back some of the RA fan club said it was only a couple of people.
    It seems to be many many more than they claim
    I have noticed the defenders pulling back a bit.
    I doubt if many will ever receive what is owed to them
    All we ever wanted were the magic bees we were promised
    There's not enough sheep dogs and the wolves are coming!!!!!!

I purchased some equipment from them back in March, still no sign of it. Five Nuc Boxes, $130.50. The first email I sent received a reply that they would be shipping my equipment shortly. I've sent multiple messages now and have not received any replies. I realize they had some hard times but at this point all I want is my money.

Some folks have a vocabulary, some folks have proletarian shibboleths. I am not upset with anyone, just edjucated.

In one more week it will be a year since I sent them money for 5 Moonbeam queens, requesting delivery in early May. When that didn't happen I was told that they were shipping the week of May 28. After that I was told that I was at the top of the list for shipping. I told them that late summer bees would not be good for me and asked for substitution of some other kind of bee. When there was no response I asked for a refund but now my emails are being ignored. Robert may have good intentions and may produce some interesting genetics but the customer service side of the operation is obviously poorly managed.

The excuse for delayed shipping of the Moonbeam queens is that queen cells were damaged by UPS during shipping from the breeding yard to the mating yard, not once but twice! Next time I will be wise enough to order from someone who is small enough to truck queen cells to the mating yard themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnAllen View Post
    Next time I will be wise enough to order from someone who is small enough to truck queen cells to the mating yard themselves.
    Ordering from someone that small does give you the benefit that no cells could be damaged through shipping. But it adds even more potential problems, including recessive lines and inbreeding, not to mention missed dates. If an operation running 1,000 hives has a mis-hap that causes them to lose 25% of their order potential, the same could hold true for someone that is running 100 hives. Not saying it happens in all, or even most, operations. But to say that the small guys don't have as many issues wouldn't be a true statement.

Barry, you are directly on point. Regardless of the business that you endeavor, the customer has to find value in your goods or services. The final decision will be made by the customer. Money talks and bull ---- walks. Evidently the " side liner" is important to "ra" or they would not have pursued the business. Obviously, they were accustom to doing business with the big guys and did not make the investment into their business to facilitate the orders that they received. I feel that their old customer base has been serviced "taking care of business " and all the small guys orders were filled if there was an excess of product. After all, they have a cult that defends them. The most striking ordeal is this ; they like your money, and will not give it back. I think that the fact that they make no refunds shows exactly their motive. Profit, I got your money and you can not get it back. Getting back on topic, if you have ordered and have not received product, don't buy from these people again. Tell all your friends your experiences, if they choose to do business with them, then you have done all that you could do. To end this conversation, if you got beat, don't waste any more money on these people, I will be beat only once.
    Dan Kazmierski

why was my post deleted as being off topic?

Whats off topic about noting that months have gone past since the original thread was started and everyone is still blathering on and on ?

Is it ever going to stop? when is enough enough?

Dont you think there's enough info on this thread now for people to make an informed decision or is this going to go on ad nauseum?

Quote Originally Posted by frazzledfozzle View Post
    Dont you think there's enough info on this thread now for people to make an informed decision or is this going to go on ad nauseum?
    Evidently there are a lot of posters who don't think it is finished. And then it is equally evident that there are a number of readers who are still interested....look at you and me.....we're still reading the new stuff.
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Everybody looks at car crashes. Almost everybody.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

Quote Originally Posted by frazzledfozzle View Post
    why was my post deleted as being off topic?

Whats off topic about noting that months have gone past since the original thread was started and everyone is still blathering on and on ?

Is it ever going to stop? when is enough enough?

When we are in receipt of moneys due, really not that hard to understand for most?
    "Blathering" as you call it, is a result of being ripped off and feeling like it.

BM
    “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." - JOHN F. KENNEDY -

I find the UNSUBSCRIBE link in the emails very handy. But it is hard to not to look.
    Raising Vermont Bees one mistake at a time.
    USDA Zone 5A

What I find interesting is across the board from queens, to nucs, to woodenware there's customers that still haven't received either the product, the refund, or the communication! From 1 queenie to dozens of nucs. I think it's disgraceful and would hope they take a hard look at themselves and before another season goes by, make it right or get out of this business.

I think this is exactly the intent of the Consumer Report Forum. The thread will die when customers who have paid money receive either their products or their refunds.

It also provides others with knowledge of reputable service/product suppliers. It amazes me that some people are attacked for coming on a public forum complaining about not receiving their product. It would be more understandable if some people complained about the service or performance of the queens not being up to par - some of these complaints are subjective and possibly the fault of the bee keeper. However, why would someone be attacked because they paid hundreds of dollars and never received a product and can't get an answer to their emails!

This thread saved me money. I suspect it saved some others money as well....

Its all about communication. The buyer deserves the right to have his/her calls or emails answered in a timely fashion. This is 2012, right?
    USDA Zone 5B

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast