Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Default Re: Russell Apiaries

Oldtimer is mostly correct.... "ounce of brains" or lack therof... is also a contributing factor.... given on a silver platter.... not really.. only his father's reputation, as there wasn't SO MUCH equipment or bees to just walk in to an established business at that time.
    If nothing else.... he has probably become the most famous/ talked about beekeeper in this whole country...
    At least everyone knows the truth now

Quote Originally Posted by Specialkayme View Post
    Not exactly correct. He still has his statutory exemptions. Based on his schedules, he won't lose anything.
    We had a farmer/trucker father/son to bankrupt on us back in the 80's when money was worth something (at least more than it is today). The man professed to be a good friend of my father's and my father called himself helping him by extending credit to him and his son. The father and son lived BIG while we lived within our means. They filed bankruptcy and hit us for enough that it hurt us. They lost little if any real property (city property, farmland, equipment, etc.,)...we received nothing out of what proceeds did come out of the settlement because we took hind teat to the secured creditors (read BANKS). It somewhat surprised me that several years later the father and his wife did not come to my mother and father's 50th anniversary party (even though my father held no grudge and they had invitations...they all went back to early marriage days). Later my father bumped in to him and inquired about their absence at the celebration. The response he got was that the man's wife had wanted to go shopping so that's what they did. When my father told me this the only thing he added was "It must be sad not to have any friends"...my father was a much better man than I. I would imagine, that even though most of Russell's stiffed customers will never see any of their money again that Russell has been and will see the repercussions of his actions now and for years to come....it can be a lonely world out there.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by David LaFerney View Post
    By not anything you mean his primary home, vehicle, retirement account, clothes on his back... Right? I thought that in bankruptcy you do stand to lose everything except the basics - or is it only what you are in debt for specifically?
    The intention of bankruptcy is to get a fresh start. You can't get a fresh start if lose everything and are left walking the streets with a barrel over your body like in a cartoon. So you need to keep the "clothes on your back." That term is left up to the states to decide how much is enough to leave a person. It varies widely from one state to another. Most states allow you to keep some equity in your home, car, household furnishings, retirement accounts, bank accounts, ect. Some states have unlimited homestead exemptions. Other states provide very little exemption amounts (homestead or otherwise). I don't know much about MS exemption laws. But unless someone challenges his exemptions, he won't surrender anything to the Trustee.

Quote Originally Posted by David LaFerney View Post
    You actually are a law student aren't you?
    I was a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SippyBees View Post
    If nothing else.... he has probably become the most famous/ talked about beekeeper in this whole country...
    Not so sure LOL!

My pick for best known / talked about beekeeper would be Acebird, followed by Mr. Famous, (weird coincidence about the name), the famous Brushy Mountain dissatisfied customer who had his 15 minutes of notoriety check this:-
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...issatisfaction
    44 years, been commercial, outfits up to 4000 hives, now 120 hives and 200 nucs as a hobby, selling bees. T (mostly).

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Not so sure LOL!

My pick for best known / talked about beekeeper would be Acebird, followed by Mr. Famous, (weird coincidence about the name), the famous Brushy Mountain dissatisfied customer who had his 15 minutes of notoriety check this:-
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...issatisfaction
    Ha ha I had forgotten that one. A Beesource classic if ever there was one.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526