Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Default Re: Russell Apiaries

I'm not sure what's going on with Ted Kretschmann. He is basically the only remaining commercial operator in Alabama, though the Normans I understand are back in business in north Crenshaw County. Ted was not at this year's Association meeting in Montgomery, at least I missed him if he was there. Looks like he hasn't posted since July 2012. He started beekeeping when he was 9 years old and worked up from a single hive to several thousand. He was president of the Alabama Beekeepers Association back in the early 90's(?). He certainly appears legit in what he has done and who he is. I'm not sure about his relationship with Russell though it seemed they did have some inside business "doings" at one time or another by some conversation in the forum. As for getting into something crooked with Russell....I don't think Ted would risk his reputation on a crackhead sissy scheme like RRussell put together. I just hope there is nothing wrong with his health or whatever that has stopped him from posting and going to the meetings.

...and you're right, Jim...I don't know Ted that well, but I know that he will speak his opinion on things.

Ed

Just got a check from RA

Did you folks who have received refunds contacted RA recently? I had an email exchange with "Victoria" a month of so ago, when she offered to transfer my order to the WA Affiliate, but I haven't heard back, and the affiliate has since taken down his RA site content.

It's only one queen, but a refund would buy another queen!

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by camero7 View Post
    Just got a check from RA
    Well thanks for being brave enough to share that, on such a thread as this.

My own suspicion, is that RA would like to put things right, but has got in over his head. Along the way, he has made some bad choices about pretending to be someone else etc, perhaps his way of dealing with an issue that he just couldn't deal with. (Course I don't know that for sure, but personally feel it is possible).

I say this because I have been a full time queen breeder, and it can be a hard game. As the RA meltdown was beginning, RR was still chatting and put up various reasons / excuses, and many of them rang quite true, to me, ie, they were pretty plausible, from my perspective.

Not to detract from whatever financial pain others are feeling. But my gut is that RA never intended it to turn out this way.

Not wanting to make any enemies by having said that either. But in a thread such as this, a group mentality can take over. I'm in no way saying that wrong has not been done.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 03-04-2013 at 04:20 PM.
    44 years, been commercial, outfits up to 4000 hives, now 120 hives and 200 nucs as a hobby, selling bees. T (mostly).

Don't know where I saw it but "The water in the bucket is what's in the well". Not as artfully put as I heard it but, you don't accidentally tell the pack of lies that were told. You fess up and be a man. Or woman. I wonder who he conned into floating the money to kite all these checks. I forgive him for my missing every out of town family activity I wanted to attend because I was waiting for illusionary moonbeam queens that just might show up. But I wouldn't consider doing business with him again.

JUST GOT IT~! Going to go see if it floats. It may be for a few more dollars than I remember. I have to check and correct if neccessary. Just hope his mothers home is not payrolling the deal.
    Last edited by Vance G; 03-04-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by camero7 View Post
    Just got a check from RA
    I received mine in the mail today too.

My check was certified. It can't bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialkayme View Post
    My check was certified. It can't bounce.
    Are your sure? Certified checks can be counterfeited. I hope all goes well with these checks.
    LeeB
    I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lburou View Post
    Certified checks can be counterfeited.
    If he's talented enough to counterfeit a certified check, including a watermark, a micro-pring signature line, and imprinted random color fibers, he should have gone into the "refund business" long ago.

Why continue to demonize the man even as an attempt is being made to make amends? "Forgive us our treaspasses as we forgive..... " Where is that from?
    Since '09-25H-T-Z6b

He had to go to jail before he found the motivation to make us whole. Forgiveness he has, we are not going to stone him.

I also received a check yesterday and deposited it last night. If there are no more surprises I am sure everyone will take a deep breath and allow RA to begin the rebuilding process, if they wish to remain in the bee selling business.

Has there been any resolution of the lost hives and bad queen issues? Taking money and not delivering a product is one thing, providing customer service and accepting responsibility for property left in your care is another.

Are the checks the first steps in rebuilding RA or the first steps in avoiding further legal trouble? I guess what happens next will give us a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by David LaFerney View Post
    Why continue to demonize the man even as an attempt is being made to make amends? "Forgive us our treaspasses as we forgive..... " Where is that from?

Quote Originally Posted by Intheswamp View Post
    I'm not sure what's going on with Ted Kretschmann. He is basically the only remaining commercial operator in Alabama, though the Normans I understand are back in business in north Crenshaw County. Ted was not at this year's Association meeting in Montgomery, at least I missed him if he was there. Looks like he hasn't posted since July 2012. He started beekeeping when he was 9 years old and worked up from a single hive to several thousand. He was president of the Alabama Beekeepers Association back in the early 90's(?). He certainly appears legit in what he has done and who he is. I'm not sure about his relationship with Russell though it seemed they did have some inside business "doings" at one time or another by some conversation in the forum. As for getting into something crooked with Russell....I don't think Ted would risk his reputation on a crackhead sissy scheme like RRussell put together. I just hope there is nothing wrong with his health or whatever that has stopped him from posting and going to the meetings.

...and you're right, Jim...I don't know Ted that well, but I know that he will speak his opinion on things.

Ed
    I have a wager with Ted, so I emailed him to see how he was and received a reply: "You can relay this message to the good friends at beesource-that I am well and still kicking. You had best put a lobster with that steak....TED" There was more to it... he was bit by a brown recluse spider last July (2012) which required some surgery this past fall, so that slowed him down considerably. Also, he was victimized by the Russell situation as well.
    Regards,
    Steven
    "If all you have is a hammer, the whole world is a nail." - A.H. Maslow

Bad news on the brown recluse, I'm glad to see he's still kicking, though. I can see Ted wanting lobster with his steak.

Ed

Ted sent me this yesterday:

Barry, I am alive and well but busy with bees. The Alabama bee company is in NO way affiliated with Russell apiaries..I shook about 300 pounds of bees for the Russells back in 2011 in trade for queens because of supposed disasters that kept occuring over there in Missippippi. It took a year and half to get my queens and the ones I got in 2012 were duds. So right then and there in 2011, I smelled skunk. Thus I did not get involved with any other business dealings with the Russells. I shook the bees because as a commercial beekeeper I knew his father. All of us commercials know each other. But to this day I do not know if Robert Hughes, who came to my place of Business with his sidekick Phillip, was Robert Russell. Nor do I know if Robert Hughes is J. Russells illegitimate son by the other woman. I do know that Mr. Russell senior when he was alive ran a good business. He made a living off of 1200 hives of bees and produced around 150 drums of honey a year. Not the thousands of hives that was claimed on Beesource. I do know that the Russells were involved with development of the VSH bees. All the commercials at that time were-Normans, Rossman, Myself, Harrell and sons just to name a few. It was a matter of survival in those days. The damage that has been done to the industy by Russell with his fradulence will take a long time to repair. The sale of bees, nucs and queens is done on a trust basis. That sacred trust has been broken.... Barry, you may post this if you want to. And my reponse to Swamp boy as to why I do not go to Alabama meetings anymore-call me I am in the phonebook..TED Kretschmann- A member of Sioux Honey ass. Sweetening a golden tommorrow
    Regards, Barry

I also received me check for the full amount yesterday.
    Nick

I'm glad this appears to be working out for everyone. It could of been worse there are a lot of Long Creek customers still waiting on checks. I wonder what the plans are for RR. At this point you don't know what to believe about the company but, I did enjoy reading his post.

Please let me know what you guys did to get issued a refund check. I'm not owed money, but an older beekeeper I know is and he has very little computer experience.
    Horseshoe Point Honey -- http://localvahoney.com/

I didn't do anything other than request my queen order, which had been unfilled, but filled this spring. The email offering a refund came unsolicited. He might try this email RA.returns@yahoo.com.

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast