Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Default Re: Russell Apiaries

Quote Originally Posted by whalers View Post
    I have two Moonbeam queens on order with Russell Nebraska - so what the bottom line, am I going to get my queens or not?
    Well, clearly you should contact the Russell Nebraska sub-producer. If you don't already have that contact info, from this thread:
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...fraud&p=899724
    in post #201, you should email russellapiariesnebraska@gmail.com to get your situation resolved.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Quote Originally Posted by whalers View Post
    I'm just getting up to speed on this topic. I have two Moonbeam queens on order with Russell Nebraska - so what the bottom line, am I going to get my queens or not?
    You may get queens, but are they "moonbeams" or just some random queen with a name made up by a crook?
    Always question Conventional Wisdom.

The Russel State sites are being very careful to not overextend themselves from what I have seen. You should be all set.

I am having a hard time with this thread after reading the other thread titled something like "Robert Russell is a crook". Aren't these two threads about the same person/company? Seems like on the other thread it was determined that Robert Russell and Robert Hughes was the same person....Plus some legal issues as well..

The sub-producer for Russell-Nebraska is Matthew. I have been swapping emails with him. Let me just say, he has likely been hurt by all this far greater than any of us and I have found him to be an upstanding individual - at least the best you can tell through email. Matthew is not the "crook" referred to in the Robert Russell thread and I hope the people reading this board will get behind Matthew, support him and help him get back on his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by bnm1000 View Post
    I am having a hard time with this thread after reading the other thread titled something like "Robert Russell is a crook". Aren't these two threads about the same person/company? Seems like on the other thread it was determined that Robert Russell and Robert Hughes was the same person....Plus some legal issues as well..
    Russell Apiaries is run/owned by Robert Lee Russell. (the alleged crook)

He has many sub-producers who operate under his name, but are not under his control. Basically Robert franchised out his father's reputation. The sub-producers probably got burned the most. So you can be dealing with Russell Apiaries NY and not actually be dealing with Russell Apiaries (Robert Lee Russell/Hughes)

The biggest issue the sub-producers have now is that they don't know what they are selling. Robert Russell likely fabricated the strains he claimed he developed, just like he fabricated the Hughes guy.

I was going to be a back door operator for the family. No one has mentioned us. I have breeders I think lol.

I don't believe any of the sub producers are selling any of the lines of RA. Most have refunded all orders and have disassociated with him, including myself.
    Allegany Mtn. Bee Farm
    Quality Queens and Honey from Western New York

Their website sure has changed and the forums shut down. I personally was satisfied with the few queens I received a couple of years ago and really didn't have any problems, but my belief is, when there is this much smoke, there is bound to be fire somewhere. Hope everything works out for everybody. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Intheswamp View Post
    <snip>

On another RA communication note... I attempted to contact the RA-Alabama sub. The only contact point was via a form on their website. I left the message probably a couple of weeks ago and have yet to receive a response from them...I was asking where they were located.
    <snip>
    Ed
    I need to post that the above statement that I made is wrong. Greg/Sonny *did* respond in a timely manner. I was at fault for having used a spam-collection email address for the reply to go to. After all of the recent drama regarding Robert Russell and Russell Apiaries I sincerely do not wish to falsely state anything associated with this situation. My apologies to all concerned. Ed

sonnypemberton was just posting info from the AL site. He is not affiliated with Russell Apiaries Alabama, LLC.

Apology accepted.

Greg

In reference to post #316 on this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by SideYardBees View Post
    Great idea Barry. Many of us have feared posting due to all the bashing from others.
    Thanks.
    Diogenes, I see that you cross posted this to the Russell Apiaries forum and picture sites last fall with the comment that I was a "BS Sock Puppet."
    Where are you now? Who are you now?

Also wonder what happened to Ted K, that commercial beekeeper who was working with RR. He certainly disappeared. Was he another alias of RR?

Quote Originally Posted by camero7 View Post
    Also wonder what happened to Ted K, that commercial beekeeper who was working with RR. He certainly disappeared. Was he another alias of RR?
    Was he the guy that was wanting true feral bees for developing survivor strain genetics. Seems like he was the one claiming to have taken swarms off of mountains and brought swarms out of the wilderness by kayak. Wasn't he asking RA members to call him with anything they had that showed remarkable survivor traits for his project?

No he was the guy from Alabama who claimed to have sent his crew down to help with the bees when the "tornado" struck. He also advertised nucs on this site if i remember correctly. He also had a thread about not letting bees on comb into AL and wanting to change the law. there are so many strange people involved in this it's very difficult to sort them out.

Quote Originally Posted by SideYardBees View Post
    In reference to post #316 on this thread:

Diogenes, I see that you cross posted this to the Russell Apiaries forum and picture sites last fall with the comment that I was a "BS Sock Puppet."
    Where are you now? Who are you now?
    Right - where is he. Last fall he had some pretty snarky and condescending comments for me too, based on some of the questions I was asking.

His profile indicates that he joined last July and hasn't been active since the fall: http://www.beesource.com/forums/memb...86972-Diogenes

Search his name and you come to the thread he started - interesting re-read in light of what has happened.

Mike

Ted stopped posting long before this broke. I hope he is well. Ted is opinionated but quite legit in my mind. I know enough about him to be quite certain he wasn't involved in any way.

From the Russel forum:

Ted Kretschmann
    I will pass on the sub producer status. I particularly do not like dealing with hobbyist beekeepers-period. I prefer to produce and sell 100 nucs at a time to someone with check or money in hand than the drabble rabble headaches that I have had with hobbyist beekeepers in the past. It is a good idea that Dr., Russell has thought of but the sub producer must be ready to handle the aggrevation that hobbyist can cause. TK

June 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    From the Russel forum:

Ted Kretschmann
    I will pass on the sub producer status. I particularly do not like dealing with hobbyist beekeepers-period. I prefer to produce and sell 100 nucs at a time to someone with check or money in hand than the drabble rabble headaches that I have had with hobbyist beekeepers in the past. It is a good idea that Dr., Russell has thought of but the sub producer must be ready to handle the aggrevation that hobbyist can cause. TK

June 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM
    Thanks Barry. I do remember Ted now. Given today's status with RA, Ted Kretschmann was a profit with the widom of Solomon.

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast