Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Default Re: Queens from Russel apiaries

I'll add my .02 experience because at this point I'm getting quite aggravated.

I ordered some German AMM's and Caucasians on 12/24/2011 as a Christmas present to myself for a May delivery date. They were paid for via Paypal and I received the confirmation stating that the transaction went through. As of today, still havent received the queens, nor have I had any response about them except the generic email that stated 'we are behind, sorry for the delay....' I wouldnt think that the demand for German AMM's would be so great that a company couldnt fill an order that was placed over 7 months ago-a total order of only 4 queens ($173) I also don't understand if there were so many problems with storm damaged yards, that they are still listing all of them as "Available,Pick your ship date, Click Paypal" I'm currently going through the Paypal Resoution process, but not expecting much.

This is just too traumatic for me, too much to handle for my lonely and sick heart in one season. I will have to go back to read about the failing word economies, depletion of natural resources, money thirsty preachers and collapsed democracies. I am waiting too and waited last spring and last year for the "Super Queens" -some issues resolved, some not, mostly waiting and waiting like the rest of you; nothing else to report, its not the end of the world -by the way, are you ready for 12/12? as per Mayan Prophesies?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    He didn't say Russell said it, he said "He "from another thread"". Someone did make the thief comment.
    This pretty clearly implies Robert Russell made the comment (He and his employee)

"...Mr Russell's supporters are so quick to jump all over a negative comment against him but say nothing when He "from another thread" and his employe "Twinkie " from this thread call Mr Russells brother a thief..."

had come from my brother stealing nucs from his hives by taking the center 5 frames from each chamber and replacing them with culled combs that had been sitting in burn piles for years... afb lives in every bee hive, but a huge stress such as this is what caused the infection

Please do a little research BEFORE you make statements that imply that I am a liar. Robert has indeed called his brother a thief!!! I for one do not believe that type of accusation against anyone belongs in a public forum. That is a very serious accusation to make without evidence.That is what I said. Robert Might be a very upstanding and honest individual that just got caught up in his emotions at the time and said something he probably later regretted saying . Any way this is way off topic as this thread was about Russell apiaries customer service . I gave my two cents worth about my experience with them and here I am today having to defend myself against one of his loyal followers. From reading this thread I can say they have a big problem with their customer service. My experience was far from being their only issue in dealing with their customers. Again I wish Robert Russell and his family the best and hope they are able to work out their CS issues.

Default Re: Russell Apiaries

Wow I had no idea this was going to bring out all of these responses so quickly on an old thread! I believe you can find Roberts comment on page 3 of foulbrood in apiary selling bees. I would not make such a statement without knowing Robert had actually said this. I just ask for the same fairness from others when commenting about me. Thankyou

I always referred to Dr Russell by that title, out of respect, not Robert, the familiar form once reserved for friends. Unfortunately as the queens I ordered last OCTOBER for May delivery are still not here and Russell Apiary still seems to be offering them for sale, my respect for the man is much diminished. If someone could explain to me the difference between what is happening and a Ponzi scheme, PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME! Possibly Michabee can enlighten the respectful and worshippers about how long it took him to get woodware delivered! I suppose poor weather delayed the boards mating before they could be cut.

I was a "beliver" in RA. I 1st ordered last year 3 Sunkist, out of 3 1 did fantastic, 2 were killed, I took responsibility for being an "unexperienced" Bee Keeper, (which I am not),. So I tried again this year, ordered in Feb for late April delivery. 10 Queens, 5 SK, 2 VSH, 3 Minn. Hyg. got them 2 June, after a couple of false starts,(Vic. E-mailed me claiming to have the order going out 2 weeks earlier). So, already 5 weeks behind schedule, I install the Queens, I just checked them yesterday, and found= 8 laying very poor shotgun brood, 1 superceded, and 1 laying very well ,after seeing the experiences of a lot of others, I am afraid that I may have spent over $300.00 for 1 good Queen. What is a delay of this kind worth? We need to be able to make plans with our local weather/ seasons in mind. I TRUSTED a vendor to stand behind their product even with questionable Custmer Service buying into the hype of being sooo busy in the yard to take care of us. Yet, I would time and again see others that did not take the time and forethought to plan a season, getting thier orders after a VERY short time! I sent e-mail this A.M. , but, I am worried . So far my experience is- 13 Queen bought in the last 2 seasons, with 2 being good, and 11 being duds. I feel that I gave the girls PLENTY of time to get on track as far as laying, as it is now these queens will not lay enough to ensure winter survival. As an example of what I was expecting; I installed a Virgin Queen that I raised from last year's SK Queen on 01 June, 09 June eggs were found, installed into 5 frame hive 12 June, filled 4 frames with eggs and brood by end of June , moved over to 10 frame box 03 July,,,, THAT is what I expect from a bug that is touted as the best in the country. Let's just say that my "faith" has been shaken to the core. If the Ra will respond to me I would be just as quick to post my positive feelings if a resolution is reached, not hopeful,,,,
    Last edited by preciousbeesfarm; 07-13-2012 at 09:03 AM. Reason: aditional thoughts

eh if you guys are so worried, go down and 'knock' on the door. Bet you come out with a wad of cash or legal fees one! lol. I ordered some this year, I dont expect to see them. I concluded I put more in slot machines, so oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner Apiaries View Post
    I concluded I put more in slot machines, so oh well.
    I have to, but I knew what my odds were when I dropped the quarter and cranked the arm-didnt think ordering bees carried the same odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    He didn't say Russell said it, he said "He "from another thread"".
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry T View Post
    when He "from another thread" and his employe "Twinkie " from this thread call Mr Russells brother a thief
    Unless this mysterious someone also employes "Twinkie", he was referring to Robert Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialkayme View Post
    Robert Russell has never called his brother a thief.
    I read your above quote and interpreted it differently when I first read it. To me, saying that he "had come from my brother stealing nucs from his hives by taking the center 5 frames from each chamber and replacing them with culled combs that had been sitting in burn piles for years..." meant that he was taking the bees and were using them for something other than it's intended purpose, but not for his personal gain or benefit. Per the definition of "theft", that was not stealing. I realize that I probably misread it originally.

However, I fully agree that the above is nit picking the crud out of definitions I stand corrected Terry. My apologies.
    Last edited by Specialkayme; 07-13-2012 at 11:44 AM.

There are many who believe "Twinkie" and RR are the same person.

For the participants in the disagreement over whether he called his Brother a thief. I'm not going back and find the posts, but I distinctly remember him doing just that. Maybe not the exact quote. in one post he stated that his Brother is or was serving time for taking nucs that weren't his and sold them. That happened while his Father was still alive. According to him that's when his Father asked him to take over. Just my $.02 worth. By the way there are many ways to steal!!!
    So much to learn, so little time!!

Quote Originally Posted by valleyman View Post
    By the way there are many ways to steal!!!
    Not according to the law.

I have never dealt with Russel Apiaries. However, I have a buddy that purchased through Paypal fifteen queens. It has now been several months and no queens have arrived. When he calls he only gets his voicemail.

I don't understand why he is still taking orders when he obviously can't fill them. It seems that he is totally trashing his reputation by how he is conducting his business. I think customers would be far more understanding, if at least he would refund there payments and tell them that he is unable to fill there orders.
    "Science is knowing, art is doing, and common sense is knowing and doing on the basis of experience." Alex Shigo

There is no doubt RA knows and practices genetics and has for a long time. No doubt anyone can get in over their heads farming and when changing their markets.

Many RA supporters know business the way RA knows bees. I have no doubt that business advice would be freely given if it would be accepted.

Continuing to take orders without fair notice of delivery may be a matter of poor luck or business planning in the short term, in the long term it becomes a matter of ethics. Maintaining high ethical standards is harder and harder as the pressure mounts, easy when things are easy.

Leaving your friends and supporters in an uncomfortable position for so long is at best grossly oblivious of them.

It is sad for RA, his supporters, Beesource and the community as a whole.

Myself, if I ever receive queens or a refund I will consider it found money.

Quote Originally Posted by camero7 View Post
    There are many who believe "Twinkie" and RR are the same person.
    While this is off topic, if you are hunting "Sock-Puppets", i.e. users who are running alternate handles, the easiest way to do this (short of admin access) is to click on the username and view the user's post history. It should become blindingly clear to you after a very little bit of reading that "TwinkieBee" is not Robert Russell.

Reviewing anyone's post history is quite informative. Gives you a good feel for their intellect and temperament. And, with some users, you just have to wonder what planet they came from, after looking at their post history.

The Sock-Puppets do stand out. After reviewing post histories a little while, you will be able to spot them without much effort. Like anything, it takes practice.

OK, back to the topic. This was enough of a distraction.

Anybody else having trouble accessing RA website as of today?

I could access it this morning, but not now. I think the ".webs" is down.

Your right, down.

Funny you should mention that. I came here after trying and failing to get on their forum.

They can leave the site down and concentrate on getting out the BACK ORDERS of queens or refunds......someone pinch me I'm dreaming!
    "Can't never did do nothin'" Grandma Heltsley

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast