Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Default Re: Russel Apiaries need some customer service

There seems to be at least one poster in this thread that implies that the destruction described by Russell employee(s) to at least one of their buildings and a large 5 frame nuc yard is made up. Well, I saw a large pine tree laying through the middle of his building a few weeks ago ... it certainly seemed real to me. It certainly doesnt help speed things up in the busy spring season.

This is agriculture. Weather slows things down or (in this case) causes damage which can be fixed but it takes a little time. Would you rather they fix the damage or email every time someone asks a question of no consequence (in this twitter, facebook generation (most thoughts and comments really are a waste of most peoples time and doesn't really require a response).

If a business owner or employee takes to time to respond every time a customer writes an email, you would be able to read a book the length of this thread on 20% of your customers. I have some sunkist queens and they are best queens in my apiaries (one other strain I have is just as good, but they are certainly worth having).

Now, the busiest (meaning best) queen breeders arent going to call or email you back in the Springtime... Get it? I'm a commercial beekeeper and you couldnt pay me enough to mass produce quality queens due to the massive amount of time it takes 6 months out the year just to produce the product. There are only so many hours in the day. There is not time to respond to thousands of people every day. Be patient if you ordered. If you havent ordered and aren't the patient type, you probably shouldnt order at all. My $0.02...

Regarding their damage, if they have everything fixed and got back on track with orders, then I am impressed. Remember, I saw the damage AND I dont work for them (and, no, I'm not a Russell).

Keith

yeah but their service was subject before the storm. I have never had a phone message returned or an email. The last nuc update was 4/10, 18 days ago. If their method of communicating is their web site, how much effort does it take to update it once a week or so. If they don't want to sell to non-comercial beeks, stop. BTW they added a new product, May-June nucs for sale but no communication about Aptil-May nucs. I have a $1200 order pending. Update us please.

The May-June nuc item was put on the site before the storms.

In their defense, if they have several hundred customers all screaming about itty bitty 2 queen/nuc orders, they're probably way too busy to answer all those in a timely fashion, and paying a girl to do it costs money. Probably just a tight ship. I pay, I get what I order. Or thats what my experience was with them in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas Beekeeper View Post
    If they don't want to sell to non-comercial beeks, stop.
    No please. This hobby beekeeper wants to keep ordering from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinner Apiaries View Post
    I pay, I get what I order. Or thats what my experience was with them in 2011
    Ditto, and am happy with the whole experience.
    Dan Hayden 4 Years. 9 hives. Tx Free. USDA Zone 5b.

Update: 3 of 4 doing great. One split ended up all getting Nosema or something and dying. Emailed Russell. Will see if another is shipped. Either way, I am still happy with the queens. Will likely order more in the future.

well I called them and of course they are to busy to answer, I understand that, so I emailed them, the next day the email was answered, they called me the day after that, queens were ordered and will be mailed today, 5 thumbs up for these people, very nice to deal with and talk to, I will recommend these folks to anyone....... yes, My order started like this, emailed on Sunday, queens shipped Thursday......
    Ted

When he decides it's just not worth the BS to sell queens to hobby beekeepers, you guys are really gonna lose a great resource. I for 1 could not be happier in my dealings with Doctor Russell. He is a class act!

Ordered two queens last December, for sometime in May. Got an email last week telling me they would be shipped on Monday. I picked them up this morning, both fine and alive. Couldn't be happier with service and professionalism of Russell Apiaries. And, I will definitely order again if his queens prove true in my climate to what everybody says about them. Very happy customer here.

Ordered 2 Buckfast queens right before their storm mishap asking for late April delivery. They shipped yesterday. Yay!
    Politics is the entertainment branch of industry. -Frank Zappa

just got my order, they upgraded me to SKC from italians.. Bees are very active cant wait to see how they do. I would buy again in an instant.

I got my five skc on time ,no problems. I Have grafted more than 350 queeen s from a sk from last fall ,seems like going to be a good queen for south texas to use open mate from.The bees seems to be very gentle and produce a lot of brood

Just got the phone call, queens are at the post office ready to be picked up , great service!!!!!!!
    Ted

Still no communication or info from Russell about April-May nucs. At best, they will arrive just in time for the dearth or they have lost order. Nothing like feeding bees all summer and winter.

Just posted this on Russell Forum:This is for RR or anyone at the apiary. It is just about time to initiate working a refund through my credit card company to reverse the charges for the 10 nucs I ordered in January. I understand the storm and troubles but it is the second week of May and have heard nothing about order. A positive word concerning nucs orders would save me the trouble of reversing the charge with the cc company. I am anxiously looking forward getting bees or refund.

This was posted in the same thread you posted that in on May 2.

"we feel that the majority of the nucs there have swarmed and will need to have the brood/food/queens adjusted before we release them... We will have crews there doing that very soon, so the nucs will be ready before May is over for sure..."

Whodathunkit? An update telling when something will happen followed by a question asking the just answered question.

I understand being anxious but an April/May Nuc coming in May is on time.

The thread is about customer service. Basically, it is nonexistent. I find it troubling that no one from the company responds except through piggybacking emails through forum members. Who conducts business in this manner? The quote above is speaking about Alabama nucs. I purchased thru MS. Other MS orders have been filled. They have mentioned they have lost info thru a computer glitch. How do I know if my info was lost? I don't know who the post are from. Does serge or Greg work for RR? Who knows. I will never place another order through Russell.

***************** Notice ***************

To all posting on the subject of Russell, refrain from starting new threads. There are already plenty of threads going on this topic, we don't need anymore! Also, DO NOT cross-post the same message to all the different threads like I just did!!

***************** End Notice ***************
    Regards, Barry

Thanks for the notice Barry. It is much appreciated.

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast