Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Default Re: Russel Apiaries need some customer service

As with any business, A man's word is his bond. That is a lesson for all of us to live by. Ted Kretschmann, Alabama Bee Company
    ALABAMA BEE COMPANY-A member of the Sioux Honey association -*Sweetening a golden tommorrow*

Personally for all the HYPE the sunkist strain wasn't that special. I have a few sunkist queens from last year they were slow to start and the bees seem retarted as far as I am concerned. My other srains are and were more productive and yes their customer svc sucks nothing special there either.

I preordered and prepaid for 6 nucs back at the end of August for this spring. I have been worried.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkieBee View Post
    Specialkayme, I bet Russell would let you shadow him for a few days so long as he is going to be in one place for a while.
    I would LOVE to talk to him more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Bee View Post
    I have been worried.
    Why?

Didn't you buy April/May nucs? Did he ever give you a date that you were supposed to pick them up on? It's only April 14th . . .

TwinkieBee,

I appreciate the time you spend in giving updates on beesource.com; could you provide an update for when the Russell nucs will be ready in Alabama?

If I didn't post this correctly, can someone help me be directed to TwinkieBee-

Thank you,

Jon and Shelley Elkins

Never had any dealings with them, but as for me communication and customer service are what gets my business. But from reading this thread, I think Barry is on to something. Russel does not get on here any more but all of a sudden an employee desides to go out of his way to defend his boss.It just so happens the employee posts at the same time that the boss usualy posts. Sounds a little fishy, I think the employer and employee are the same person. I have had a couple of good bosses, but never one I thought that highly of.
    All beekeepers can agree on one thing, and that one thing is, that all beekeepers can't agree on one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by beehonest View Post
    I think the employer and employee are the same person.
    Seriously? You really think that?

If Russell really wanted to discuss the issues on this thread, why would he not do it under his own account? Posting as an "employee" leads no added credibility than it would if he posted directly.

Why is it so suspicious that two people that work together post at similar times? Maybe they work on similar schedules. They do, after all, work at the same place.

And if twink really was Robert, why would he quote himself as saying "stop wasting your time posting on that site."

Quote Originally Posted by beehonest View Post
    I have had a couple of good bosses, but never one I thought that highly of.
    Maybe, but I think that would mean that much more for this boss.

I just don't get it I have ordered queens for Dr. Russell no problem and when my hive absconed I let the Dr. know and he sent me a replacement he paid for the shipping and all. Dr Russell is good people I bet you can't count how many people he has help on this site alone. Two years in a row bad weather during queen production time this year one of his nuc yards got hammered give the guy a brake I am sure when things get back in order the Dr will make things right the best he can

Quote Originally Posted by JSFlowerNectar View Post
    could you provide an update for when the Russell nucs will be ready in Alabama?
    This is not the place for vendor updates. That is to be done in private communication or in the for sale forum if it is a follow up to an ad. Thank you.
    Regards, Barry

Boy Barry you sure killed this thread J/K I emailed them today to make sure they still had record that they were going to send me a replacement queen for one that didn't take, they got right back to me and are going to ship her along with some others I just ordered today.Rod

Robert was a generous contributor to Beesource and his presence is missed. I learned much just reading his contributions. It seemed clear to me that his motives were to educate and help his fellow beekeepers. I'm really disappointed to see such accusations in open forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroBee View Post
    I'm really disappointed to see such accusations in open forum.
    In addition I am curious as to why this thread has been kept in the Queen & Bee Breeding instead of the Consumer Reports forum?
    Dan Hayden 4 Years. 9 hives. Tx Free. USDA Zone 5b.

Quote Originally Posted by RiodeLobo View Post
    I am curious as to why this thread has been kept in the Queen & Bee Breeding
    Totally agree
    Politics is the entertainment branch of industry. -Frank Zappa

Update. I got a email from Russel Apiaries today, 4/17, they started shipping 4/16 they are behind and not sure when my order will get out. Thats all I needed I dont have to order other queens, I can work around a few days or weeks of delay.
    I'm not tense, Just terribly, terribly alert!

Quote Originally Posted by RiodeLobo View Post
    In addition I am curious as to why this thread has been kept in the Queen & Bee Breeding instead of the Consumer Reports forum?
    Because Dr.Russell has forgot more about bee breeding than most folks know. (FACT)
    He is a stand-up guy, based on my dealings with him.
    The family history is dedicated to the industry.
    Why so quick to judge negatively ?

BM
    Last edited by brushmouth; 04-17-2012 at 03:30 PM.
    “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." - JOHN F. KENNEDY -

Quote Originally Posted by brushmouth View Post
    Because Dr.Russell has forgot more about bee breeding than most folks know. (FACT)
    I have learned much from his posts and am sorry he does not feel comfortable to here to share anymore.
    He is a stand-up guy, based on my dealings with him.
    Same experience here
    Why so quick to judge negatively ?
    Never have, I have been honest and objective in my assessment. I have had good experiences with Russell Apiaries and would recommend their queens.. I would however caution, do not put them an a hard deadline (this is agriculture after all). I will take the queens when I can get them and plan on having wiggle room in the schedule on re-queening or starting nucs. And so far they have done a good job at being within 2 weeks of my preferred shipping dates (even with the horrendous weather last year) .
    Dan Hayden 4 Years. 9 hives. Tx Free. USDA Zone 5b.

I picked up my SunKist Cordovan at the PO this morning. Shipped on the the 16th and in fine shape when she got here, This is the first Cordovan color I've seen and they are a beautiful bee.

I received my beautiful Queens from Russell Apiaries this morning in the mail. Just as they had promised.

I fail to understand where anyone does not understand that this is not a competition for sales. As I understand every one usually sells all the queens that they produce.

I fail to understand why anyone would be jealous of someone (Dr. Russell) who while obviously not perfect but tries to deliver on time a high quality product.

I fail to understand why all can't see that his only intent here on Beesource was/is to help beekeepers all around the world. I see that his love of bees probably comes before profit.

Good luck to all and we all need to have a little more patience and understanding!!!
    So much to learn, so little time!!

Picked up my 4 queens yesterday at the PO. They were ordered a few weeks ago with a "ship date request" of "see doc" and Robert had emailed me to do. They looked great. Hived them today. They should be out in a couple of days!!!!

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast