Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Fair terms for bee and queen orders

From what I have seen suppliers are not dependable to deliver what was paid for. I cannot recall once seeing a post here about a customer not paying. I have seen at least two threads, one covering a span of years about suppliers not delivering.
    I have also lived in the reality of what collecting payments is like. I would say a good 50% of customers will receive notification that a product is ready to be shipped and they will delay payment by a week or more. This would never work where bees are concerned.

My paying for anything up front would have everything to do with the reputation of the supplier.
    Stand for what you believe, even if you stand alone.

Default Re: Fair terms for bee and queen orders

Interesting enough thread. The only folks I require a deposit from is what I consider to be large orders. Generally I don't require much money, only enuogh that I feel that person is commited to finish paying me and NOT tie up X number of NUCs I could have sold to other folks.

Taking all into consideration I like Mikes opinion about the NUCs. If I dont get all my NUCs sold cause someone didnt show up, oh well. I will keep them around or hive them in my operation. Cash is King at pickup time, its what I recommend. I DO NOT accept checks from new customers, and generally require the check to be in hand 10 days prior to pickup.