Default the Foxtab pdf creator.

Did bizarre things to my computer. I got it from the plans section of Beesource. My PC consultant wrote me the following note:

Gypsi,

FoxTab PDF creator is buggy and possible malware.
    Uninstall it.

A good PDF creator/editor that I use is Nitro PDF Reader, found at
    http://www.nitropdf.com/reader/
    Time to be a gypsy again, 2014 will be my prep year, my bees want a better area with actual rainfall.

Default Re: the Foxtab pdf creator.

For this morning, looks like I get to back up my computer files then uninstall the monster...
    Time to be a gypsy again, 2014 will be my prep year, my bees want a better area with actual rainfall.

Definately has some malware associated with it.I did not download my copy from beesource but it had some serious issues.Some files from babylon.com spread themselves around my computer.I'm still working on getting all of them off.I have most of them deleted but still working on a couple.I may have to restore to an earlier date and hope that takes care of them.
    This puts me in mind of that famous southern murder defense."They needed killin".

I may have blocked part of foxtab's installation. Have it on the start menu, can't find it in program files, and the revo uninstaller can't find either it or babylon, although I can see babylon with windows explorer. I do not want to have to do a restore, my system is complicated, dual hard drives, fortunately only the old one is affected, but I'm not quite ready to go to the new one.

Gypsi

The only PDF software you should be using is Adobe.
    Regards, Barry

Barry,

the Foxtab is in the downloads section of BeeSource, hidden in a feeder diagram. I'd very much like to build that feeder, but don't know how to get the diagram without the surplus. Spybot is getting the rest of the Babylon entries out of my registry now.

Gypsi

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsi View Post
    I got it from the plans section of Beesource.
    You didn't get this from Beesource. You got it through a Google ad. I specifically say on the plans page to get this PDF reader:
    http://get.adobe.com/reader/
    Regards, Barry

Well, darn. I should not compute when I am tired.

OK, got it. Spybot could detect but not fix the babylon insertion into my Mozilla profile. Since I deleted Firefox months ago for security reasons (planning to reinstall later), I didn't need that profile. Trash it, empty trash, and spybot comes up clean. Hope you have equally good luck Gone2Seed. (My daughter the professional tech came out and decided I needed spybot. I believe she was right. Nothing else could even FIND the insertions.)

Gypsi

Sorry for your troubles. I'll at least block that ad from appearing again.
    Regards, Barry

Thank you.

The PDF software you should use to open and read not only just adobe, in fact, there are some other pdf editing programs can open and read the pdf without any error, adobe sometime isn't stable.

Adobe reader is what you need to read pdf files. I use doPDF to create new ones from text files and pics at home. I use MS Word to compose the document and doPDF creates the file as an installed printer driver.

At work I uses Adobe PDF 9.0 to read an create pdfs. But it is an expensive program if you don't need it professionally. NitroPDF and doPDF are great freeware.