Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: White Oak Apiary

Hi!
    New to beekeeping. I picked up 2 five Frame Nucs. One was huge!!! The bees look healthy and happy. The nucs had brood and honey and lots of bees. It's clear to me that Mike takes the health of the bees very seriously.

I found the website easy to navigate and called Mike the owner several times (new to beekeeping... like I said) and he was great. Very friendly and answered all of my questions. His voice mail is often full, but if you send him a text he's pretty quick to respond. I needed a refund on hives and he put it in less than a week after I requested it. (like 2 days after)

I now find myself queenless (I may have squished her) in one of my hives. Today I ordered an emergency queen through them. I should get it in a day or two. I'll let you know. Overall my Experience with White Oak Apiary was pretty great. I would recommend them to other people.

On July 8th I ortdered and paid $96.30 for 3 queen bees. I included this note:

"I need these asap as have 2 queenless hives.
    Can you help quickly? If not, please call me 717-XXX-XXXX.
    Thanks for your help.
    Dave"

After a month with no communication I filed a complaint with Paypal. After another week I got notification that they had shipped the queens.

The package arrived today. There was one queen and a few workers in one of the queen cages. However the other two queen cages contain only worker bees, no queens.

Terrible communication and overt fraud in that I have now paid $96.30 for one queen.

Run away from these people! They are rip-offs.

Place should just go away.
    Pearl City Apiary Michael and Loucil Bach

I should have read up on White Oak Apiary before I ordered a queen early in June. My credit card got charged, and that was it. Could not reach Mike per phone because mailbox is full, not did he respond to e-mails. Last Friday, 8-15 I received a USPS confirmation of the delivery of my queen which finally arrived with 1 day delay. Not only was I surprised and frustrated to even receive the queen so late, I was also a little suspicious. As far as I could see in the queen cage, all 5 bees had the same size, and one was already dead.
    I opened the cage inside another box with lid to check it out. there were 5 normal, workerbees in there , one dead and NO queen.

Yes Let the beekeeper beware!!!!

Wow, shipping queens with no queens only workers, thats a whole new spin. I got taken by this guy in a moment of haste last year. Thank goodness I have now learned hives dont die overnight and there is time to think before acting. Someone should pursue prosecution. G

Thumbs down Re: White Oak Apiary

Quote Originally Posted by handyman dave View Post
    On July 8th I ortdered and paid $96.30 for 3 queen bees. I included this note:

"I need these asap as have 2 queenless hives.
    Can you help quickly? If not, please call me 717-XXX-XXXX.
    Thanks for your help.
    Dave"

After a month with no communication I filed a complaint with Paypal. After another week I got notification that they had shipped the queens.

The package arrived today. There was one queen and a few workers in one of the queen cages. However the other two queen cages contain only worker bees, no queens.

Terrible communication and overt fraud in that I have now paid $96.30 for one queen.

Run away from these people! They are rip-offs.
    EVERYONE! Paypal refunded 2/3 of my payment. 1 Queen = 1/3. At least they were able to tap his funds. YEA Paypal!
    (I am sure my credit card company would have been willing to do the same thing but this worked this time.)