Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Entrance Size and Location for Swarm Trap

>Can I cut up the foundation to make starter strips?

It doesn't last as well and can fall out...

> I can only get so many stir sticks for free from home depot without visiting multiple stores. I am planning on having a LOT of bees this year.

Buy the Jumbo Craft sticks from a hobby store.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Gypsi,

Just use a little Elmer's on the foundation strips and let it sit overnight. It won't come out.
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org

I agree with Gypsi. We're quietly building up to a fantastic spring here in Texas. There's still much that can go wrong but if the temps stay warm and sporadic rains continue we are going to have a bumper crop of swarms and honey. I'm trying to be ready. I need to start an account on one of the picture sharing sites so I can post pics of the henbit blooming right now and that bluebonnets and clover that are coming up strong. Monday we have a 70% chance of rain followed by a 50% chance on Wednesday. Hope it keeps up.

Gypsi, a few years back we built a new substation near Burleson and had some bees move into a cardboard box on the site. I had to remove them so the contractor could get the goods out of the box and complete their work. I know there are feral bees in the area. Good luck with your swarm trap there.
    When you stop learning you're dead.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123