Sharing: Beeswax Maintenance Tips
Hi Guys, I thought we could share our beeswax maintenance tips so everyone can benefit from them.
My tips below to get it started:
- Keep the candle(s) out of a draft to ensure it burns longer and doesn't drip
- Refrigerate the candle(s) for an hour or so prior to burning to prolong its life
- Keep the wick of your candle trimmed to 4 - 7 mm
- Never straighten the wick when it is cold, always wait until the candle is burning and use a non-flammable device to adjust the wick to a central position
- Never blow out your candle, the wick should be drowned in its own pool of liquid wax using a pencil or similar device, and then lift out again
- Trim the wick before relighting your candle
Last edited by Bright Eyes; 02-07-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Reason: Adding tags
Tags for this Thread