Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What to pay for yard rent?

Jim, you are correct in trying to find a spot that appears to be of no value. But I have had the following happen on several occasions. I seem to pick the best housing sites on the property. It never fails, "My daughter is getting married soon and she wants her husband and her to build a house right where your bees are. I know the bees have been there for a gazzillion years, so I hope you wouldnt mind moving them like next week." So I mumble that I will, and mumble a curse that your grandchildren will be born balledheaded and naked. Luckily ,we are usually able to place the bees on an even more "undesirable" spot on the landowners property. TED
    ALABAMA BEE COMPANY-A member of the Sioux Honey association -*Sweetening a golden tommorrow*

ted that reminds me of a goal I had when I started beekeeping. buy your beeyards as you grow. no one can throw you out and if you buy good building lots they can be sold as part of retirement. the problem was starting out there was no extra money to invest but I still believe the theory was correct. too late now.

Ted: I hear ya, I've had some bizarre ones as well. Long before we were palletized I got a call at about 9 in the evening that they were planning on bulldozing the woods that I had 30 hives in first thing in the morning and if it wouldn't be a problem..........naaaa heck no, the landowner is always the boss, they mostly had a box of honey on them probably averaged at least 150 pounds each. That was a blast at about 5 in the morning. Sorry I know but on the other hand maybe not too far. These scenarios are all things you should factor in your decision in what is a fair payment.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12