Default Looking for Nucs in South Carolina

I am looking to purchase several Nucs this spring in South Carolina. I would prefer these bees to be Italian. If you have some that you are trying to sell or know of someone to purchase them from, please let me know. I do not have a preferance if they are 4 or 5 frame. Thanks for any help you could provide.

Default Re: Looking for Nucs in South Carolina

Kutik's has/ will have them in Manning, Sc.....803-473-4205. Mark may have them also.......not sure His handle on Bsource is sqkcrk.

I have NUCs available for pick up or shipping. We are in Charleston, SC

Z-man, where exactly in Charleston are you located? I am interested in purchasing several of these NUCs from you. What kind of prices are you looking at?

We are in Goose Creek, SC 29445. We sell 5 frame NUCs. Italian bees.
    Last edited by Barry; 06-07-2012 at 08:22 PM. Reason: remove price

With the price of these at 185.00, is there a frame exchange for these NUCs? Also how long have they been in the NUC?

at 185 they should be 10 frame hives all equipment included with no frame exchange. If they're nucs, then or whoever is buying them is anyway

Skinner Apiaries, I do agree with you about the price being high for a NUC. With you being in NC, do you happen to know anyone that might have a couple that they are selling?

Chipper I should have a couple in August if you havent found anything buy then. They will bee 5 frame mediums with locally breed Italian queens. I am in Myrtle Beach, let me know if you want my contact info.

Steve
    https://www.facebook.com/stevesbees99
    Please visit my page, Thanks

Chipper, Check out Craigslist for Florence and Columbia SC, several guys on there selling nucs.

Quote Originally Posted by snl View Post
    Kutik's has/ will have them in Manning, Sc......not sure His handle on Bsource is sqkcrk.
    Nope, sqkcrk isn't Chuck Kutik.

Are nucs often sold in SC in the late Summer/early Fall? It would seems unsure to me. But, I only visit SC, so what do I know about keeping bees there?
    Mark Berninghausen "Ships at a distance have every man's wish on board." Zora Neale Hurston

sfisher: PM me your contact info please.

There is not frame exchange for these NUCs. They have been for couple days.

A word of caution. Bees in my area have pretty much stopped drawing comb for the year. I wouldn’t expect it to be a whole lot different in Beaufort. Bees build comb during periods of nectar flow. In times of dearth they stop. There is something in the natural nectar that drives the instinct. Sugar syrup is a fine supplement and will help them build more comb quickly but only in a natural nectar flow. If I put a 5 frame nuc into a ten frame hive here, today, by winter I’d have a 5 frame hive in a ten frame box.
    As a nuc producer myself, I decline requests for nucs after the end of April. Their chances of success are way too low.
    I would strongly encourage you to find an experienced, local beekeeper and see how it works in your area before taking the plunge.
    Good luck.
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

There was a link, on here that said Pigeon mountain had them for $199 shipped. That might be cheaper than buying gas.
    All beekeepers can agree on one thing, and that one thing is, that all beekeepers can't agree on one thing.

Well, my idea was to take a couple to West Virginia were I keep the majority of my other bees and put them up there. I know that there are a lot of different wildflowers for the late summer/fall flow and I usually get half a super at least from each hive depending on the weather. Up there, we also have tons of goldenrod that they work often. If I am not able to put them in a deep box by the winter, at least winter them in a nuc and be ready by spring to have them in a box for use in pollinating some apples on the farm. That makes sense about the sugar water though and I need to keep that in mind when I get them this year.

I have nuc's for 125.00 no frame exchange till nov. you can look at them before buying. I don't advertise.
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by fat/beeman View Post
    I have nuc's for 125.00 no frame exchange till nov. you can look at them before buying. I don't advertise.
    Don
    You just did.........