I have been reading about bees drawing their own natural sized comb on Langstroth frames and have several questions. I currently have drawn foundation which is all "standard size" but wish to gradually move to smaller cell natural comb.
1) To get started, can I use a standard Langstroth frame which is empty with a popsicle stick as a guide and place it between two of the existing frames which I already have? As the bees complete the first frame then I would introduce another empty frame into the hive until the bees have drawn out all of the frames?
2) Is this something to use primarily in the brood chamber or should I also encourage the bees to draw their own comb in the honey supers?
3) If they draw their own comb in the honey supers, should I wire the frames? How do they fare in an extractor?
4) How long should I reuse comb before I start the process over?
5) When starting over, do I just remove the old wax from the center of the frame, leaving the top part for a guide and then reintroduce it to the hive?