Default The Nigerian scam... and other online ripoff tricks.

I get these periodically, having had an online store for the last 12 years or so. Scammers used to use my shopping cart, til I blocked overseas shipments. I got taken for one order to Viet Nam paid for with a stolen credit card - he actually DID use the cart. but the following email - I get a variation of in my site spam-catch account at least once a week, every week. The email it is sent from is generally gmail or yahoo, and the format rarely includes the person being a patient in a hospital or anything. They want a lot of something. Something expensive, that they can resell, while you are busy repaying the person whose credit card information they stole.

"Hello ,

This is Mr Ben Wood With regards to your Company i am sending this email
    Regards to order some (Pond Pump),i will like to know the type and
    sizes you have in stock and get me the sales price of one so that i will
    tell you the quantity i will be ordering , and also if you accept credit
    card as a form of payment Waiting to hear from you
    Regards
    Mr Ben Wood"

Obviously English is not his first language. I do not reply to these, I just hit delete.
    Anyone else get hit up?

Gypsi
    Time to be a gypsy again, 2014 will be my prep year, my bees want a better area with actual rainfall.

Default Re: The Nigerian scam... and other online ripoff tricks.

I send them kind of insulting reply treatening reporting them to Interpol and all known and made up agencies around the World, they never spam me again. Lately they must blackslisted me from their mailing list, no more spam from those crooks.

LOL

I used to get these periodically but they have increased in frequency recently. I got at least two differing versions today, not counting the supposed order for beekeeping equipment I referenced in another post. -james

It will help if your email is an image instead of an actual link. Then they have to type enter email address they see in the image. This technique prevents the robots from getting your email address. They use the collected email results of these robots to mail their spam to, etc. Good luck!

I got 2 today, one last week, after months of quiet. I like the idea of a graphic image of the email address instead of a link, but I'd be closing the barn after the horse took off - that email addy hasn't changed since 2003. I don't get a lot of volume though - don't use my domain email, I use earthlink, exclusively for the best spam blocker in the business (as of 2003 when I switched.)
    Time to be a gypsy again, 2014 will be my prep year, my bees want a better area with actual rainfall.

I get them all the time, I also have millions of dollars in all sorts of foreign currencies all over the world. You would think I would travel more. But my very favorite scam came from. The f.b.i. I thought it very funny that someone with the f.b.i. did not know it was written F.B.I. and that in official documents is actually Federal Bureau of Investigation. The e-mail informed me that money I had deposited in a certain bank account was at risk of being seized since it was known that many drug dealers deposited money in such accounts with that bank. I thought it funny that a bank caters only to drug dealers. This is going to be really hard on their business with the f.b.i. seizing all of their accounts and all.
    Stand for what you believe, even if you stand alone.

I got one last week, a lady was in the hospital with breas cancer, needed 40 gallons of honey for her wedding favors. A courier was to pick them up... I just deleted and blocked sender.

My favorite was the Canadian guy who needed $2500 to tell me about information concerning my life. It was an interesting email and I couldn're resist replying. He replied right back- I mentioned something about maybe needing to talk to my life insurance agent and he replied that more life insurance might be in order. I forwarded them to Homeland Security, but I'm sure they have other things on their plates. Each year in May (the anniversary of the first email), I send the guy an email letting him know I'm alive and kicking! This has gone on since 2009. I thanked him for the awareness and told him just like our babies' sex, I'd rather be surpirsed at the outcome.
    Don't confuse me with facts... my mind is made up.

I get emails like that daily considering my email addresses are online everywhere AND I have a website. Plus I get spammy phone calls. Welcome to the club!
    Please check out the new kingfisherapiaries.com!
    Like us on Facebook