Threaded View

Default Newbeek Natural Questions

Hello all, as I said in my welcome post, I have been slowly researching bee keeping over the last 2 years. I've read The Complete Idiots Guide twice, and I've followed the boards here, and looked at MBush's site a few times, just ordered his book today. The one nagging question I have, which may very well be a ridiculous question, but nevertheless I must ask... I want to get bee's this year, but I'd really prefer to start with small cell bee's rather than having to go through the pain of regressing them. The only place I can find that sales SC bee's is the fat bee man at Dixie Bee Supply. I've heard good things about his bee's, but I've also been told that it's better to get bee's from local stock if possible. Here in Western NC we have a couple of suppliers that offer VSH queens and survivor nucs. Which would be the better option for me to go with here? To clarify, I want to be a treatment free bee keeper, which is the reason I posted in this forum. I want to know what you would think my best options are for going this route.

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by Ranger Cody; 01-23-2012 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Clarification of reason in this forum.