Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Anybody ever heard of this...maybe a scam

I got the same email. I wonder if it had anything at all to do with the site going down recently? Were we hacked? -james

You might get another e-mail that asks you to help out a person with money in a depost located in the land of oil and sand.

Sooner or later you will get a nasty virus when you open up mail from an unknown person.
    Ernie
    My websitehttp://bees4u.com/

#1 never open an email if you don't know the sender!

#2 never open an email with misspelled words or broken English.

You will soon be sorry if you do.
    There's not enough sheep dogs and the wolves are coming!!!!!!

Default Re: Interesting opportunity!

I told them I was out of honey(I know pretty dumb even replying)
    and I got this reply
    "Thanks for the reply to my order request. It will be a heart break if you could not supply me honey for my wedding. I have already have my mind set on you for my wedding supply. So please I will like you to help me secure a way to supply me some honey for my wedding, even if not up to 40 gallons, may be some honey jar quantity. Just let me know what quantity of honey you can get for me, or order for me. Await your reply for details and price. Then we can proceed from there. Hope to hear from you soonest.
    Thanks God bless.
    Mary."
    I think this time I will send them something like gone2seed's reply!

This is the 2nd request I got.

Hello dear,
    Thanks for the swift reply, I appreciate your effort to serve me right. I have been ever inspired, ever since the first time...I tasted you honey, and since then I have vow that I will have it for my wedding, and am also glad you are able to supply me for my wedding...It was my late cousin who brought the sample of your honey from from an occasion for me to taste, because he knows am a honey lover. At the very point of taste, I vow you be the one to supply me for my wedding, and am glad you are able to fill my order request., may the lord bless you so much for me. I hope you know am a hearing impaired person, and I would have come to meet you in person to place the order, but presently am in the hospital for surgery, and its from here I will be leaving to Canada for my wedding. But after the wedding, I should be back to the state, and am planning to stop by to see you, so as to have the privilege to meet you in person, and I will also be coming with some of my guest lovely comments on the honey, till then I look forward meeting you.

Now to finalize the order, I want 40 gallons of honey and they can be varieties of different flavor, and I already have an arrangement for repacking in a branded and label jar for the wedding...Once you have the order ready for pick up, I will have a private shipper will be coming to pick them up...to delivery to my wedding reception in Canada, and i don't want you to worry about the safety delivery. The agent will handle the delivery consignment for me. As I have told you previously, you don’t have anything to be worry about concerning the shipping arrangement, it will be well secure and in a good condition on arriving the location of my wedding reception in Canada, the shipper will be coming with there fragile packing for the shipping and it will be ship under the fragile shipping insurance scheme, a friend of mine has use them before for same consignment of this such and they are well reliable, dependable and secure…..

I want you to calculate for me what will be the total cost for this order, plus tax if included for any thing, and also I want you to add the sum of $980 which is for the cost of the pick up and the shipping to the cost of the order, so once I have your reply for the total altogether I will remit my credit card for you to charge through for the total cost, And once you have the order secured, I shall keep you posted with pick up schedule arrangement, and I will also instruct you further on how you will pay the agent as to confirm the pickup arrangement of the order. Willingly Am also offering you an extra $100 for taking care of my order properly and for any less stress you will go through for completing the transaction for me due to my absence.

Please do calculate altogether the total cost of the order + tax + $980 for shipping charges, including the $100 am offering you, then get back to me with the total for all, so once i have your reply for the total cost I will remit my credit card for you to run for the charges.
    I will be waiting to have your reply for the total cost then we can proceed from there, hope to hear from you soonest.
    Thanks and God bless.
    Mary.

978-344-2614; this is the phone number for "Mary", the cancer victim, that will have a heart attack if she does not get tons of honey -while getting married and claiming to have tasted honey from a bunch of us.
    I believe this should qualify for some kind of crime; do we need to denounce it to the authorities?

Utilize the delete button!
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by hipbee View Post
    I told them I was out of honey
    So did I, I'm naturally trusting like that. I asked for their information and they have yet to reply.
    Solomon Parker, Parker Farms, ParkerFarms.biz
    11 Years Treatment-Free, ~25 Colony Baseline

Quote Originally Posted by hipbee View Post
    I told them I was out of honey(I know pretty dumb even replying)
    and I got this reply
    "Thanks for the reply to my order request. It will be a heart break if you could not supply me honey for my wedding. I have already have my mind set on you for my wedding supply. So please I will like you to help me secure a way to supply me some honey for my wedding, even if not up to 40 gallons, may be some honey jar quantity. Just let me know what quantity of honey you can get for me, or order for me. Await your reply for details and price. Then we can proceed from there. Hope to hear from you soonest.
    Thanks God bless.
    Mary."
    I think this time I will send them something like gone2seed's reply!
    Why don't you reply w/ a request for a check of what you think it would cost you to cover your expenses plus an additional amount for the agrivation? Stating that once the check clears you will send the honey.
    Mark Berninghausen "Ships at a distance have every man's wish on board." Zora Neale Hurston

Just got this back.

Am located in TX, but its a pick up order...Please let me know what quantity you can arrange for me. Hope to hear from you soonest.
    Mary.
    I replied and asked if 'she' knew we were on to her.
    Solomon Parker, Parker Farms, ParkerFarms.biz
    11 Years Treatment-Free, ~25 Colony Baseline

It's Mary from Monsanto, don't you know?!
    Regards, Barry

Where is the ciberbeeforum police when we need it?

Default email scam targeting beekeepers

Here is the text of an email I received recently. Nigerian bank scammers have moved into new territory? Too funny...

Hello Dear.....
    I will need your service for my wedding, but I would have come in to place the order in person but presently am in the hospital for my breast cancer surgery, but after my wedding I should be stopping by so as to have the privilege to meet you in person for future reference... Till then I look forward meeting you.

So please I will like to order for 40 gallons of honey for my wedding, which are to be repack packing as wedding favor. please kindly get back to me with the total cost plus tax, and you should let me know how soon you can have the order ready for pick up. Once I have your reply for the total cost, I will remit my credit card for you to charge through for the total cost. And I will have a carrier pick them up from your store.

Please also reply along with your full address for pick up and entry point, either front door or back door, so I can instruction the carrier with the direction for the pick up. Hope to hear from you soonest.
    Thanks and God bless.
    Mary.

I had this scam done at our shop. The (stolen) credit card will go thur . They do these scams early in the month, so when the real owner get the bill at the end of the month ,there long gone. And when I wanted to check with visa if the card is good, there answer was if it goes thru it's good. They would not get in touch with the card owner to see if this is them or a scam. And yes we had to refund the deposit to visa.

I got this and instantly I figured it was the Chinese polling US beekeepers for our domestic prices.

So I decided to be helpful and email them the address and telephone number of the FBI headquarters in Washington, DC.
    My reply looked like this:

Subject: Re: HONEY ORDER.....

Telephone (202) 324-3000

Address:
    935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
    Washington, D.C. 20535-0001

Call for prices

Twenty minutes later I get this email:

Thanks for the swift reply, I appreciate your effort to serve me right. I have been ever inspired, ever since the first time...I tasted you honey.
    I hope you know am a hearing impaired person, and I would have come to meet you in person to place the order, but presently am in the hospital for surgery, and its from here I will be leaving to Canada for my wedding. But after the wedding, I should be back to the state, and am planning to stop by to see you, so as to have the privilege to meet you in person, and I will also be coming with some of my guest lovely comments on the honey, till then I look forward meeting you.

Once you have them all ready for pick up, I will have a private shipper will be coming to pick them up...to delivery to my wedding reception in Canada, and i don't want you to worry about the safety delivery. The agent will handle the delivery consignment for me. As I have told you previously, you don’t have anything to be worry about concerning the shipping arrangement, it will be well secure and in a good condition on arriving the location of my wedding reception in Canada, the shipper will be coming with there fragile packing for the shipping and it will be ship under the fragile shipping insurance scheme, a friend of mine has use them before for same consignment of this such and they are well reliable, dependable and secure…..

I want you to calculate for me what will be the total cost for this order, plus tax if included for any thing, and also I want you to add the sum of $980 which is for the cost of the pick up and the shipping to the cost of the order, so once I have your reply for the total altogether I will remit my credit card for you to charge through for the total cost, And once you have the order secured, I shall keep you posted with pick up schedule arrangement, and I will also instruct you further on how you will pay the agent as to confirm the pickup arrangement of the order. Willingly Am also offering you an extra $100 for taking care of my order properly and for any less stress you will go through for completing the transaction for me due to my absence.

Please do calculate altogether the total cost of the order + tax + $980 for shipping charges, including the $100 am offering you, then get back to me with the total for all, so once i have your reply for the total cost I will remit my credit card for you to run for the charges.
    I will be waiting to have your reply for the total cost then we can proceed from there, hope to hear from you soonest.
    Thanks and God bless.
    Mary.
    Once again, they are after the numbers.

Now I'll drop it in my spam filter. I just wanted to maybe prevent a few US honey producers from giving them the information they want.

Cheers,
    SoMDBeekeeper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12