Default MAQS pdf...Pictogram for tips to proper appilcation from NOD Apiaries, the Supplier

Barry, could you sticky this please

http://www.miteaway.com/pictogram_br..._Rev_04-11.pdf

Default Re: MAQS pdf...Pictogram for tips to proper appilcation from NOD Apiaries, the Suppli

i wouldnt put it on if it was 92 degrees out, the high should be more like 75 and thats even a bit warm

Default Re: MAQS pdf...Pictogram for tips to proper appilcation from NOD Apiaries, the Suppli

Does anyone here have any experience with this product?

Thanks

Ian
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

I used MAQS in 3 hives when it was too warm (85F) and did not provide adequate ventilation and experienced queen problems in all 3. If I use it again I will chose cooler weather- just a couple of days in a row is OK, most of the product seems to have evaporated by day 3, and provide lots of fresh air. I might confine the queen to an upper story, too.
    Killed mites like crazy.
    Politics is the entertainment branch of industry. -Frank Zappa

They claim the minimum ventilation requirement is a fully open enterence. Did you have your enterence closed off?
    They say on the website to do the treatment with day time highs of between 10 and 30 degrees C.
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

I left the entrance fully open but closed the SBB and top entrances. And the weather both night and day was really hot. One queen died, one suprceded immediately and one shut down for more than a month. I'm investigating oxalic acid vaporization now.

On the other hand, my mentor treated 200+ hives, no problem.

we spent alot of money treating our hives with MAQS last season and i think it really paid off. Important to have good venting, we were only putting a single pad on this fall and was still enough fumes to drive the bees out and kill mites. Temps are very important, i wouldnt want it to get hotter than 70-75 for a few days after application so watch the weather.

here is the discussion from this summer, I'm kind of hoping that people that used in the summer will comment on how the bees look in the spring.

http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...AQS-Checkbacks
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon

the link in the first post has been changed. They have some new brochures on the website

Yeah the link has changed, what is it now?
    https://www.facebook.com/stevesbees99
    Please visit my page, Thanks

Mike
    N5RWH - 9a

Now, something wrong withe the link, the error is 404.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Imaging View Post
    Now, something wrong withe the link, the error is 404.
    It looks like they renamed the the document slightly. Here is a working link:

http://www.miteaway.com/pictogram-br...-Rev-04-11.pdf
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

I'm going into my third year. The first I treated 2 hives with a full dose in late July/ early august. Both made it through winter. The second year I treated 4 hives with a half dose in July/early august, all 4 made it through winter. The half dose did not have as large a mite drop, but it was still substantial.

I used it on 50 hives last fall, worked great, it is a short treatment which was perfect as it was late when I realized i had the issue. no time for a drawn out treatment.