Hybrid View

Default MAQS pdf...Pictogram for tips to proper appilcation from NOD Apiaries, the Supplier

Barry, could you sticky this please

http://www.miteaway.com/pictogram_br..._Rev_04-11.pdf

Default Re: MAQS pdf...Pictogram for tips to proper appilcation from NOD Apiaries, the Suppli

i wouldnt put it on if it was 92 degrees out, the high should be more like 75 and thats even a bit warm

Default Re: MAQS pdf...Pictogram for tips to proper appilcation from NOD Apiaries, the Suppli

Does anyone here have any experience with this product?

Thanks

Ian
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

I used MAQS in 3 hives when it was too warm (85F) and did not provide adequate ventilation and experienced queen problems in all 3. If I use it again I will chose cooler weather- just a couple of days in a row is OK, most of the product seems to have evaporated by day 3, and provide lots of fresh air. I might confine the queen to an upper story, too.
    Killed mites like crazy.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -H.S. Thompson

They claim the minimum ventilation requirement is a fully open enterence. Did you have your enterence closed off?
    They say on the website to do the treatment with day time highs of between 10 and 30 degrees C.
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

I left the entrance fully open but closed the SBB and top entrances. And the weather both night and day was really hot. One queen died, one suprceded immediately and one shut down for more than a month. I'm investigating oxalic acid vaporization now.

On the other hand, my mentor treated 200+ hives, no problem.