Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Interesting opportunity!

"Hello Dear.....
    I will need your service for my wedding, but I would have come in to place the order in person but presently am in the hospital for my breast cancer surgery, but after my wedding I should be stopping by so as to have the privilege to meet you in person for future reference... Till then I look forward meeting you.

So please I will like to order for 40 gallons of honey for my wedding, which are to be repack packing as wedding favor. please kindly get back to me with the total cost plus tax, and you should let me know how soon you can have the order ready for pick up. Once I have your reply for the total cost, I will remit my credit card for you to charge through for the total cost. And I will have a carrier pick them up from your store.

Please also reply along with your full address for pick up and entry point, either front door or back door, so I can instruction the carrier with the direction for the pick up. Hope to hear from you soonest.
    Thanks and God bless.
    Mary."

This was in my email this morning, some of the details/wording are creeping me out a tiny bit. I've gotten odd random bee/honey emails before...

Default Re: Interesting oppurtunity!

Usually if the wording/language is off, I don't consider it's contents.

Someone is playing a bad joke on us; I got the same email too...

I got the same one last July, 2011.
    Just delete it or put it in the spam.
    Ernie
    My websitehttp://bees4u.com/

I got that same one this morning. What a pain in the neck these scams are. My small outfit has been booming lately and I have found markets in some odd ways. I go to growers trade
    shows and meetings a lot and am always out networking with other people so at first read I thought it was a return on something or someone I had contact with. Then the reread told me
    it was an under educated attempt to scam. Seems that with all the time and money they put into fishing out fools, they would take the time to learn the proper language usage of there
    target. Kinda glad it is B.S. I was not looking forward too filling up 1700 + 3 ounce bears.
    John Hargrave Northwest Missouri

Got it too.
    Solomon Parker, Parker Farms, ParkerFarms.biz
    11 Years Treatment-Free, ~25 Colony Baseline

Must have got our emails from beesource!

I got this one too.It's nice to have these great opportunities come along once in a while.I could not resist answering.Here is my answer.
    ----------------------

Hi,
    Thank you for the request.Ours is a special honey composed of the nectars from many different wildflowers.We will be happy to re-package in nice,clean tin cans which we can get,at a good price, from the local dump .Price for the repackaged honey will be $1982.00 per gallon,with payment due,in cash, one month before pickup.
    Thank you and may God reward you as you deserve.

I got the same email this AM. Obviously a scam as 1) I have yet to sell any honey and 2) (this being the big indicator for me) the horrendous grammar. Evidently translated from something else to English. -james

Default Re: Interesting opportunity!

Yep, I got it too.
    Stop and smell the flowers, 50,000 ladies can't be wrong
    Bsweetapiary@aol.com

Default Anybody ever heard of this...maybe a scam

I got an e-mail from someone in broken english saying that they were getting married and needed honey to make their wedding favors(which I have done before) but then they go on to say they want 40 gallons of honey and to send them a price and they would be stopping by to pick it up.... So I sent a reply that said, Must be one heck of a wedding if you need 40 gallons of honey for favors,thats enough to cover 480 people if you give them a pound apiece.You can call me and make arrangements if your interested. I figured if it was a scam I would never hear from them again. So a couple of hours later I came in from working and I have another e-mail that said...Thanks for the reply yo my order request, I called like you request, but there was no answer, sorry for the mistake, It was 20 Gallon I mean to say. Please let me know the price you sell per gallon, along with the total cost plus tax for 20 gallons of honey, I shall be waiting to hear from you as soon as possible... so I check my phone and there is a phone number on there from northern Mass. and I'm in Kentucky... so here I sit with this look on my face wondering whats up.
    Last edited by honeyman46408; 01-22-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Default Re: Anybody ever heard of this...maybe a scam

Scam--every body got one
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

in WA and i got on today to
    Jon Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by hemichuck View Post
    I got an e-mail from someone in broken english saying that they were getting married and needed honey to make their wedding favors(which I have done before) but then they go on to say they want 40 gallons of honey and to send them a price and they would be stopping by to pick it up.... So I sent a reply that said, Must be one heck of a wedding if you need 40 gallons of honey for favors,thats enough to cover 480 people if you give them a pound apiece.You can call me and make arrangements if your interested. I figured if it was a scam I would never hear from them again. So a couple of hours later I came in from working and I have another e-mail that said...Thanks for the reply yo my order request, I called like you request, but there was no answer, sorry for the mistake, It was 20 Gallon I mean to say. Please let me know the price you sell per gallon, along with the total cost plus tax for 20 gallons of honey, I shall be waiting to hear from you as soon as possible... so I check my phone and there is a phone number on there from northern Mass. and I'm in Kentucky... so here I sit with this look on my face wondering whats up.
    One of the biggest beekeepes in the USA lives in northern Mass.he got about 14,000 hives Why is he call you

Just my $0.02

BEE HAPPY Jim 134

How did he/she get our email addresses off of BeeSource?

Now, this is the second part of the scam...

Hello dear,
    Thanks for the swift reply, I appreciate your effort to serve me right. I have been ever inspired, ever since the first time...I tasted you honey, and since then I have vow that I will have it for my wedding, and am also glad you are able to supply me for my wedding...It was my late cousin who brought the sample of your honey from from an occasion for me to taste, because he knows am a honey lover. At the very point of taste, I vow you be the one to supply me for my wedding, and am glad you are able to fill my order request., may the lord bless you so much for me. I hope you know am a hearing impaired person, and I would have come to meet you in person to place the order, but presently am in the hospital for surgery, and its from here I will be leaving to Canada for my wedding. But after the wedding, I should be back to the state, and am planning to stop by to see you, so as to have the privilege to meet you in person, and I will also be coming with some of my guest lovely comments on the honey, till then I look forward meeting you.

Now to finalize the order, I want 40 gallons of honey and they can be varieties of different flavor, and I already have an arrangement for repacking in a branded and label jar for the wedding...Once you have the order ready for pick up, I will have a private shipper will be coming to pick them up...to delivery to my wedding reception in Canada, and i don't want you to worry about the safety delivery. The agent will handle the delivery consignment for me. As I have told you previously, you don’t have anything to be worry about concerning the shipping arrangement, it will be well secure and in a good condition on arriving the location of my wedding reception in Canada, the shipper will be coming with there fragile packing for the shipping and it will be ship under the fragile shipping insurance scheme, a friend of mine has use them before for same consignment of this such and they are well reliable, dependable and secure…..

I want you to calculate for me what will be the total cost for this order, plus tax if included for any thing, and also I want you to add the sum of $980 which is for the cost of the pick up and the shipping to the cost of the order, so once I have your reply for the total altogether I will remit my credit card for you to charge through for the total cost, And once you have the order secured, I shall keep you posted with pick up schedule arrangement, and I will also instruct you further on how you will pay the agent as to confirm the pickup arrangement of the order. Willingly Am also offering you an extra $100 for taking care of my order properly and for any less stress you will go through for completing the transaction for me due to my absence.

Please do calculate altogether the total cost of the order + tax + $980 for shipping charges, including the $100 am offering you, then get back to me with the total for all, so once i have your reply for the total cost I will remit my credit card for you to run for the charges.
    I will be waiting to have your reply for the total cost then we can proceed from there, hope to hear from you soonest.
    Thanks and God bless.
    Mary.

this is what i got

Hello Dear, thanks for the swift reply yo my order request. I called like you requested but there was not answer. The number is 978-344-2614 check your miss call list, more also I want you to know that am a hearing impaired person, we can best communicate via email, as it allow me to express myself better. But am planning to stop by your store after my wedding, so as to have the privilege of meeting you in person and I will like to come with some of my guest lovely comments on the honey, and also for the purpose of future reference. Till then I look forward meeting you.

Now to finalize the order, you can have it unpack or repack in pound jar containers, either way is fine, since it will be repack in a branded and label bottle for the wedding. So please get back to me with price per each gallon, plus the total cost for the 40 gallons altogether plus tax, also let me know when you will have them ready for pick up.
    Once I get your reply for the total cost, I shall remit my visa card for you to charge through for the total cost, so as to enable you proceed to have the order ready for pick up. Hope to hear from you soonest.
    Jon Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Taylors_Bees View Post
    this is what i got

The number is 978-344-2614
    This number is in Maynard,MA.

Here is the original e-mail I got and yes it is the same phone number.Shouldnt we reporting this to the authorities? though I'm not sure which ones.

Hello Dear.....
    I will need your service for my wedding, but I would have come in to place the order in person but presently am in the hospital for my breast cancer surgery, but after my wedding I should be stopping by so as to have the privilege to meet you in person for future reference... Till then I look forward meeting you.

So please I will like to order for 40 gallons of honey for my wedding, which are to be repack packing as wedding favor. please kindly get back to me with the total cost plus tax, and you should let me know how soon you can have the order ready for pick up. Once I have your reply for the total cost, I will remit my credit card for you to charge through for the total cost. And I will have a carrier pick them up from your store.

Please also reply along with your full address for pick up and entry point, either front door or back door, so I can instruction the carrier with the direction for the pick up. Hope to hear from you soonest.
    Thanks and God bless.
    Mary.

I guess they try and get you to run the credit card and them send them some back or who knows what. Wouldnt get far with me because I dont take credit cards.

Yep i got the same email ..... i thought about it for a minute and thought wat you all thought ....40 GALLONS ???? thats a sticky wedding ---- i guess more then 2 people got screwed that night !!!!!!

anyhow id like to know how they got my email .... seems odd that its got ties to BeeSource ...... hope this is not the start of something bad
    Doing the Right things Right
    http://thevalleysbuzz.webs.com/