Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Swinger vs. Hummerbee II

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Euliss View Post
    Does the new machine really lift 3700 lbs Keith?
    Chip, in the photo section take a look at the swinger pic I posted, Yes, it will lift 3700, BUT, you have to turn up the pressure releif value, just a quarter turn. They turn down ALL the specs so it meets all osha's safty requirments. A tote of syrup, that's a peice of cake for this machine.

Chip, the motor sits side ways in the back as a counter weight for more lifting, just like the new bobcats do.
    Last edited by Keith Jarrett; 01-24-2012 at 07:36 PM.
    NUTRA-BEE feed supplements

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Jarrett View Post
    Chip, in the photo section take a look at the swinger pic I posted, Yes, it will lift 3700, BUT, you have to turn up the pressure releif value, just a quarter turn. They turn down ALL the specs so it meets all osha's safty requirments. A tote of syrup, that's a peice of cake for this machine.
    Cool, I'll check it out. The Hummer lists the same specs so I wonder if my new machine will lift a full tote. I didn't get it till November and all my feeding was done so the heaviest thing I've lifted so far were triple stack of doubles (4-way pallets) when loading the truck for CA. My old machine (Swinger 100) would lift a tote if it was 1/3 empty and I knew exactly what I could get away with after a few near mishaps.

Keith,

Thanks for the response. Everyone has jobs they like to do with their FL that's not just "moving bees." In your case its loading 2 ton pallets of sub and in my case its trying to push brush out of the almonds or unloading units of plywood. Sounds like you love the power as well as the serviceability. Since most of us have been "brainwashed" with so many hours on the front/back footfeet how are we going to transition to the seemingly inconvenient double pedal. ( or have they gotten rid of that?) Do they still have plastic shrouds which would certainly go "crunch" in the almonds?

Phil, you can get the machine with rocker pedal or double pedal, joy stick or three lever, lots of options.

If I were to choose from the options list what do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Honey-4-All View Post
    options list what do you recommend?
    Phil, I think the best person to answer that would be somebody with 30-40 years on a swinger. In my other life ( heavy construction dirt equipment) I've seen one guy like it one way & the second guy like it the other.... So I think if it feels right for the person.

P.S. that's like asking, blond or brunett.

The blonds and brunettes are way more fun than driving any forklift. I dont care what accessories it comes with!

So what trailer setup do people with a swinger use? Having a good working trailer is an important part of the decision process. Do you use the HummerTrailor setup?

The Hummer trailer is awesome, it's also $6500 plus freight. Maybe the best one I have seen was a homemade trailer using an old truck front axle. A tilt feature is really nice and large truck type tires will roll through deep dips and holes much better than trailers with smaller tires.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

I agree with you on the Hummer trailer. I got one made here by a local machine shop that is very similar but I had them position the axle a little lower to give me a little more clearance because getting into some of my yards requires more clearance--used to drag a little with the trailer for my old Swinger. Works good and not so high that it is tippy. Also had them make the box up front a little higher for extra storage--it's deep enough for a 5 gallon bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by jim lyon View Post
    The Hummer trailer is awesome, it's also $6500 plus freight.
    Last quote I got was 7100 plus freight. I guess steel cost more.

So I was leaning toward the swinger (again) because the of ability to run bobcat implements so easily. But, one of our friends out there told me that he thinks that the swinger is larger then then the HB and harder to see over. I am sooooo confused now. I was looking at the Bobcats and can do a used one for 15k or so. But they are so bumpy and hard on you and I am getting old and things hurt more then they used too.

So is the 1k really that much larger and heavier that I would not be as happy.?

Quote Originally Posted by EastSideBuzz View Post
    Last quote I got was 7100 plus freight. I guess steel cost more.
    I think I wound up with 7200 or so in mine and it was produced locally so no shipping. I haven't used the Hummer trailers but I've seen them in person and they are a quality product.

I want to thank the people that reached out to me in PM and calls today. I really heard from both sides of the fence today on these two great machines. I am going to check out both of them before I buy one. I thnik that the new 1k is not the same machine as the old swingers and many people that compare the swinger and the HB are not comparing the 1k and the THB. But, both machines are really great according to the fans and the spec's.

Now I break things pretty good so having more power and durability is high on my list and that certainly gives the swinger a nudge ahead of the HB. I blew all the hoses on my Kubota when I first got it. I then learned the max lift the wet way. I do like the idea of adding the ability to use Bobcat attachments on the Swinger. Maybe a plow and snow blower in the winter. Would definitely like a sweeper for the front to clean the road. Still weighing the options.

i have both the old swinger 110 and the new 1k that got delivered a few weeks ago. the 1k is a totally different machine- picked up a tote of hfcs and tried to get my rear tires off the ground but couldn't, my old machine which has 500lbs of counter weights would still go up.
    the machine is very smooth, fast and has more power in the lift with less rpms. the center pin is also much stronger than old swinger. Service should be very easy as engine fiters are right there when open cover. i believe shipping weight was listed at 5500lbs the machine is bigger than the 110 and the rider sits up higher, visibility is great- no problems seeing the tips of the forks

Andy Reseska

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12