Default Protective gear for kids

Hello all,

I have started to look at veil jackets for our kids. They are 8 yrs old (girl) and 5 1/2 yrs old (boy). We have been visiting a friend's hives and while there, they only wear a pocket veil over a hat and light clothes but since we will be having our own hive this spring, I want to get them something with more protection.
    While looking at the sites, there isn't much description on the sizing or dimensions for the jackets.

I want to find out who has experience with some of these, where you got them and how they fit. I was also wondering how the gloves fit. My daughter will want to help with the maintenance of the hive.

Thanks!

Default Re: Protective gear for kids

I have no experience, but Mann Lake has a few.

http://www.mannlakeltd.com/mm5/merch...page109#CV-500

If you want specific dimensions maybe you could contact them and they would likely be able to help you out.

I have three girls from 4-9 and we outfitted them with suits from Mannlake. I was nervous at first because of the two piece suit but they give plenty of room. I would recommend you get the 550 for your daughter and the 500 for your son.

GOOD LUCK!

We bought adult size Pollinator jackets from Mann Lake because someone recommended them as being more resistant to stings due to the heavier material. Found out one can get quite hot while wearing the Pollinator jacket. So, if you think that heat/humidity may be an issue for your family then go with a different jacket from Mann Lake.

I've bought mine from beeworks:
    www.beeworks.com
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF