Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Kentucky

36K views 110 replies 24 participants last post by  Litsinger 
#1 ·
Bowling Green, KY area

4/14/05 Ilex x meserveae (ornamental holly hybrids)

4/21 Dogwoods (Cornus Florida)in full bloom in the city. Just getting going in the country so this is probably a good average date. Although we are having a very late spring in general so don't let that throw you off.

#31 ·
Re: Post Your Bloom Dates - 2011

Owensboro / Daviess County, KY 42303

04 September 2011

Nectar:
Goldenrod
Aster
Joe-Pye
Spotted Knapweed
Tall Ironweed

Pollen:

Giant Ragweed

Yesterday everything was dry and bare, as we have not had significant rain in over 2 months. Every weed and flower was holding back it's bloom due to the lack of water. This morning, after a good 1/2" rain, I awoke to find everything in full bloom and every type of pollinator is very active. I witnessed multiple types of pollinators in my tomato garden, as the blooms opened up overnight, and I will have a huge tomato crop in a month or so.

After taking a walk over my property I have encountered more pollinators in one day than I have seen all summer long! The rain must have really opened everything up. We are expecting more precipitation this evening, so maybe that will sustain us through the fall.

#39 ·
Re: Post your bloom dates 2013!

2/14/2013
Red Maple
Daffodils
Henbit

Bees working and bringing in pollen when it it warm enough to be outside. Temps up and down like crazy. 60 a couple of days then 30 the high the next. Carrying water also on warm days and scouting for pollen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.