Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hooray! Looks like we're finally back up.

Some of us have serious withdrawal symptoms - shaking, headaches, fever, sick stomach. -james

Default Re: Hooray! Looks like we're finally back up.

I was lost,glad to see everythings back up and running!

Quote Originally Posted by dixiebooks View Post
    Some of us have serious withdrawal symptoms - shaking, headaches, fever, sick stomach. -james
    You need a hobby....Oh...I see
    Dan Hayden 4 Years. 12 hives. Tx Free. USDA Zone 5b.

Quote Originally Posted by RiodeLobo View Post
    You need a hobby....Oh...I see

Nice to see the site is back. Thanks Barry
    Stand for what you believe, even if you stand alone.

I tell you what. . . I was concerned also because there is SOOOOOOOOO much good info here. It makes me think about taking the step of copying some of the info to my home computer just in case.

On the home page, on the left side under "Resources" there's a donate button that takes you to PayPal - quick and painless.

Thanks for everything Barry.

Tony P.
    There must be a harder way to do that... let me find it for you.

After dancing in the living room last night with my 8 year old daughter and wrestling around with my 7, 10 and 12 year sons, it was time for me to wind down and relax with a cup of tea with honey and do some reading on here..........but I panicked when it wouldnt come up!! This is my number one bee site, but ended up going to the other one so I could do some reading and post a question.............although there are some of the same people and I got some great answers, its not the same as this site.

Thank God beesource is back up, in my opinion, this is the best bee forum site on the internet!! Its a great mix of hobbyists and grumpy commercial guys!!LMAO J/K.
    Coyote Creek Bees

Yes, you had me worried - I rang customer support of my server. Something to do with " dropped or lost packets" - problem is I have no idea what they talk about. And my grand daughter was asleep!

Thanks for the hard work and getting it back for us. You really don't know what you have until it's missing.

Mike
    Beekeeper? Shoot, my bees keep me!
    100 hives in Western Wa State

We never appreciate what we have until we lose it. Welcome back Beesource!!
    So much to learn, so little time!!

I read this site like most peeps read the a.m. paper. I must visit this site 2-3 times on bizzee days & every other hour on slow dayz. I am VERY thankful for the council & encouragement I get here.

THANK YOU!!
    Rmns 1:16/Prv.3:5,6/ Beegan BK May 09/ Zone 5b
    I have NOT failed. I have only found many many ways that do not work!

First, let me say I'm very sorry for the time the forum was down. This came as a total surprise. As many of you know, the site became sluggish for several days. When this was brought to the attention of my host, the roller coaster ride began. First, it was "another customer on the server abusing the hardware node", then it was said the server problems were coming from the beesource domain. At this point after much time spent, I opted for a "quick fix" and bought an optimizing component for the server. It seems to be stabilizing the site for now, but a more stable longterm decision will have to be made as I'm not convinced that the problem lies with the beesource domain.
    Regards, Barry

At one time we had quite a bit of "Excessive Quotes" Abuse, which seems to be occuring again from time to time. Could that contribute to this problem?
    Mark Berninghausen
    The answers are the end. The questions are the journey. Journey on.

Yeehaw!!! Man I'm glad to see beesource back up. I was like a lost puppy around here while it was down. My wife was laughing at me cause I was so lost for some beek communication.

Whatever your opinion may be regarding quotes in threads, they are really just text, and use relatively low amounts of server resources.

What individual users can control themselves is to use someone else's server for images, rather than using attachments to Beesource threads. That just means that the images are hosted elsewhere, and don't use Beesource resources when you view the thread. Images can be hosted for free at many sites, including Imageshack.us, Google's Picasa, Flickr, TinyPic, etc. The same button that allows image attachment to Beesource also offers linking of images hosted elsewhere.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Quote Originally Posted by Rader Sidetrack View Post
    Whatever your opinion may be regarding quotes in threads, they are really just text, and use relatively low amounts of server resources.

What individual users can control themselves is to use someone else's server for images, rather than using attachments to Beesource threads. That just means that the images are hosted elsewhere, and don't use Beesource resources when you view the thread. Images can be hosted for free at many sites, including Imageshack.us, Google's Picasa, Flickr, TinyPic, etc. The same button that allows image attachment to Beesource also offers linking of images hosted elsewhere.
    So doing this does nothing more than quoting only the pertinent part? Interesting.
    Mark Berninghausen
    The answers are the end. The questions are the journey. Journey on.

Pretty sure iSpy will get turned back on. TapaTalk app will NOT be reestablished as there is a potential conflict we became aware of through all this. We have lots of space for attachments (photos). No, quoting doesn't enter into any of this. We still expect judicious use of the quote function as that is just good netiquette.
    Regards, Barry

Thank you Barry, I'm glad it's back up! (3 day weekend with 2 energetic grandkids, may be a few days before I can string 2 thoughts together in a row.)

Gypsi
    Stuck in Texas. Learning Permaculture in drought, guess I will teach permaculture in drought. The bees are still alive.

I hate to make this suggestion, but have you looked at the search function? There is no minimal interval on the search function which is often a drag on server resources. You could try only allowing one search per 20 seconds or something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast