Default Bee Venom collecting

Has anyone on this forum ever collected Bee venom, or knows if there is a market for it? http://youtu.be/SGQso0dWwy8

Default Re: Bee Venom collecting

Very interesting.Thanks for the link

have collected lots myself woking bees. on the serious side I believe roger morse did some early work with a simular electric grid. this would have been done in the 70's.

A lot of apitherapist have been selling and using topical bee venom creams and ointments. If you can come up with your own blend to market, or maybe find some apitherapists who will buy it from you.

Hey thanks for the insite, I will have to check out these suggestions, and beeware10 I too have collected more than my share the old fashioned way.

We've borrowed an electronic gadget that collects venom, but I haven't sold any yet, still playing with it. We get about .2 - .3 grams of venom per use. We've only had access to it recently- so colonies aren't what i'd call full strength. I am curious to see what it looks like when a full tower of bees goes after it.... It makes the bees tissy for a bit after, but I figure if I had to protect my house for 45minutes, then the threat left, and then the girl scouts knocked on the door to sell cookies, I might not be in a good mood either.
    My wife says I have ADD, but, hey look- a chicken!

Charles Mraz here in Vermont invented the electric venom collector. His son and grandson still collect venom. A few years ago, they collected venom in four of my yards. Chaz told me that only two of the yards yielded much. 48 grams total from the two. I think they told me the venom market is soft right now.

Thanks guys....Bill