Hybrid View

Default I want to learn the trade

I am young, healthy, a fast learner, and hard worker.
    I have had Honey Bees for just over 2 years now and am eager to learn more
    I want to learn anything you are willing to teach me. and can usually perform tasks once instructed or after shown the first time
    wages are up for discussion (of course money matters but it's NOT priority number 1. Education is)
    I am currently living in South East Florida but willing to relocate, yet again that's another discussion

*PM me for a phone number or to discuss something more.*

Default Re: I want to learn the trade

Brian have I got a deal for you! Take off right now for Williston North Dakota. You discribed a guy who can make twentyfive thousand on the oil rigs before spring. When spring comes, keep your rig job but about the first of June Commercial beeks flood into North Dakota like maggots on a gutpile .Work for one of them on the week off between the two weeks on, you work for the job that is earning you a grubstake to buy your own bees. You don't need any sleep at your age and can do both and it will keep you out of the bars. Go North Young Man Go North. If you have a cdl and no need to sleep, 120 K per year is in your future.
    Last edited by Vance G; 01-05-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Brian, do as Vance said! NOW. A friend of mine in Why. has two sons who did that very thing last year. One is driving and one is drilling. One made 110K the other 78K. All the overtime your young body can take. You have to have a plan! Their's is to work five years, bank as much as they can, then come home and buy some land and a house. Can you imagine paying off your place, and having a quarter of a million left to start your business? They pulled up a camper so their rental is movable at little cost. Check it out Brian, fulfill your dreams and make it happen.

Kind regards
    Stonefly7

Oilfield is not glamorous or fun you will make good money but you will earn it, think if you can stand to work for weeks straight with the same people share cramped living quarters, you will miss most holidays if not all if you have children they will not know you, you will work rain or shine night or day sleep or not whenever youre needed, you cant always count on your days off either. now that said its great money and good insurance, ive seen hundreds of people come and go cause they didnt understand the above mentioned, like i said great time off and good money.

hmm sounds alot like beekeeping
    Greg Stahlman; Stahlman Apiaries Inc.

Greg, you are talking about the great money and good insurance part - right?

Contact Rick Harvey. He's looking for help in SW Florida right now. He has an ad in the Bee Journal and on Apijobs.com. DO NOT go to N. Dakota to work on oil rigs. Beekeeping is hard enough and quality of like is paramount.

Brian, If you work for Mike Palmer, you'll be taught by one of the best.